IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Reply from POPLA

Options

Comments

• longtimelurkersam
    Options
    Well I "lost" my appeal and now have a genuine official POPLA reference code. The letter states the fee will be £100 if I appeal and I have to appeal on the same grounds. LOL, what utter tosh, since that appeal I have learned so much more so now my defence is different.
  • NotanIdiot
    Options
    Well I "lost" my appeal and now have a genuine official POPLA reference code. The letter states the fee will be £100 if I appeal and I have to appeal on the same grounds. LOL, what utter tosh, since that appeal I have learned so much more so now my defence is different.

AH now that puts a different spin on it. No one mentioned that the motorist would have to stump up £100 as well. And do you get the £100 back of you win? presumably, if you lose they deduct the scam charge from the £100, which puts an entirely different spin on it. Under those conditions, its not worth bothering with POPLA at all, and the strategy seems to be carry on ignoring.
  • Billtheboy
    Options

Mmmm well well well the appeal to POPLA has to be on the same grounds then - is that according to the POPLA appeals form? or the PPC's letter.

IF its a stipulation on the POPLA appeal form supplied to the PPC by popla then POPLA need to add this information to their web site - as The rules for appeal are not advertised as far as I can see...

A bit naughty and plays into the hands of the PPC already as they have the knowledge and the motorist does not. As I see it......

Please correct me if I am wrong or have got the wrong end of the stick..
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Can't see where it says that you have to pay them £100 before popla, if that was how you meant it to be read.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    NotanIdiot wrote: »
    AH now that puts a different spin on it. No one mentioned that the motorist would have to stump up £100 as well. And do you get the £100 back of you win? presumably, if you lose they deduct the scam charge from the £100, which puts an entirely different spin on it. Under those conditions, its not worth bothering with POPLA at all, and the strategy seems to be carry on ignoring.

I think he's referring to the PPC charge going up to £100 not a charge to go to POPLA.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I had guessed that but if thats how its worded on the letter it could be confusing to a newbie.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Exact wording please.
  • longtimelurkersam
    Options
    AlexisV wrote: »
    Exact wording please.

Hold on, just got it and was too excited to anonymise......will scan and post in a few moments.
  • Billtheboy
    Options
    I read it as the letter from the PPC states THEY will up their "FINE" if the driver appeals to POPLA.

Thats saying we will fine you more if you appeal.......
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Can they even do that?
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts