Santander Select

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HSBC Premier and Santander Select are very different animals from what I can see.
  • kdrover
    kdrover Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received the letter today. I am not sure why because I do not come close to the entry requirements.

I gave them a call to take them up on the gold card. I like the idea of contactless payments.

There was no pressure at all or pushy sales talk. Just a very friendly person that kept relaying that the service should become much better for me in future with a 24 hour telephone number etc.

I asked him to process a 123 credit card application for me while on the call. I was well impressed with their new screen sharing service santandernow. Rather than sending a credit agreement in the post, you are shown 4 or 5 pages and asked to download docs. When you are happy you tick a box to proceed. It's all processed straight away over the phone and online.

Very impressed so far. I think santander are pulling much further ahead in terms of technology than the competition.
  • nick88
    nick88 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    The Santander Select branding has just appeared on my online banking... haven't received a letter yet though.
  • cb4fwh
    cb4fwh Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got the letter through. The contact less card is useful for the work canteen, so will take them up on that!

For me, it will be interesting to see whether they can offer preferential mortgage rates.

I guess another positive of this service is that I they offer an email service which means I don't have to waste time on the phone & can answer any email queries when I want to answer...
  • iAMaLONDONER
    Options
    zerog wrote: »
    Anybody else got a letter welcoming them to this "service"?

I wonder what the point is, AFAICS it only offers a relationship manager and nothing else. And the less I interact with bank staff the happier I am. If they are trying to match HSBC Premier, it isn't working as HSBC gives you improved rates / products AND premier in every country you have an HSBC account in.

I only have about £20K in my esaver, which will be leaving in 8 months unless they jack up the rates again. Had more but it went to NS&I and 2x BS ISAs in April. Interestingly, my wife who has much more in her esaver, been a customer for twice as long, and has ISA and credit card as well, did not get "invited" to this.

The gold card looks quite nice!
  • iAMaLONDONER
    Options
    kdrover wrote: »
    I received the letter today. I am not sure why because I do not come close to the entry requirements.

How much do you pay in a month?

I've decide I'm going to up the amount I pay in a month to see if I'll be 'selected'!
  • iAMaLONDONER
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Yes, conditions apply, but I don't think that 'Select' gives you any better deals on any of their offerings, with the exception of the Gold VISA debit card.

My letter said that the conditions to qualify for Select are any of the following
    • pay £5k/[account]mth into a 123 current account, from a non-Santander account
    • have at least £75K in one or more Santander UK current, savings or investment account
    • have a property worth at least £500K with a Santander UK mortgage

I will make sure I meet the 1st condition! Hopefully they will choose me!
  • iAMaLONDONER
    iAMaLONDONER Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    It's just a letter asking you, in essence, for your permission to be pestered by one of their sales folk (aka "Relationship Manager"), on a continuous basis.

Whatever turns you on......

Tbf the gold debit looks quite nice!
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

As innovate said - - whatever turns you on. I do have the card myself, but not for its looks.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options

If you're that concerned about having a gold debit card, just design your own, and upload a plain gold picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure