Just say NOvember!!! ( are you brave enough )...

Options

Comments

• his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 November 2012 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Hi all.

Another 2 NSds to announce but will have to go shopping tomoro as kitties need food. Must be the cold weather, they're eating much more than normal. Intend though just to buy catfood.

I've insurance for my two younger cats (have decided the two over 14yrs old prob couldn't cope with ops etc so not worth insuring them anymore :( ) which covers up to £20,000 of care (I thought it was a misprint but no!) Def worth having that peace of mind for a few £s each month, my two cost £6.35 each a month.

Hope puppy makes a good recovery IContinue xx
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Right walkies around London - and can you believe I FORGOT my phone so no Quidco checkins for me today....GRRR!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank God for tomato soup and Lidls frozen bread rolls :)
    Couldnt magic anything from my cupboards at all for dinner tonight (laziness, not a shortage of food)..so yummy soup and roll :)
  • skintsue
    skintsue Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Another NSD today - in fact I made money.:j
    Been throught the forgotten plie of opened post and found £7.50 worth of MrT's vouchers which can be doubled for certain items eg Frozen.
    Also been sent a MrT's gift card for £15 for some testing stuff earlier this year and giving feedback - and I'd kept the stuff, so great treat.:beer:

I'm going to use the doubled up vouchers to stock up on some basics and some party treats, and the voucher towards loo rolls, washing powder, shampoo and eggs.

I've made some fruit tea loaf today using stuff I already had in- 1 egg, dried fruit, 2 tea bags, flour and baking powder.
    I'm going out to a friend's for afternoon tea tomorrow, so I'll take that as my share instead of a packet of biscuits.
    Infact I might even try to make biccys some time.

My last planned spend day is going to be Friday as we are running down to the last of everything. There is suprisingly still some things in the freezer - probably from the last Ice Age, so I might give them a miss.
    We have just broken the last loo roll out, and I don't care how frugal I've become I REFUSE to use newspaper on string.:rotfl:
    I divorced my First Husband on Religious Grounds:A
    He thought He was God. I didn't!;)
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Right walkies around London - and can you believe I FORGOT my phone so no Quidco checkins for me today....GRRR!

Walk around with your eyes to the ground instead - look for coins and notes :D
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Icontinue wishing your lad all the best - it really is awful when they're ill.

Insurance - for younger pets - a must but like his missus says, once they get to "that" age (and it will vary for different types / breeds of animals - and you know your own pet) where aggressive treatment wouldn't be fair, then it may be worth cancelling and self insuring.

Get the highest level cover you can afford & ensure it's a "lifetime" policy that will renew to the full amount each year

Some are limited to 12 months - which means ongoing conditions are then excluded (& would be by a new insurer too) and some are lifetime but have a monetary value attached to them, say £7k and once used, that's it (again ongoing / existing conditions would be excluded by any new insurer).

Useful info on this link:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cut-pet-insurance-costs

Watch out for insurers that offer 9 for 12 months / cashback etc for the 1st year - and calculate what the cost for the 2nd year before taking it out. It can often be a staggering difference

I did one recently that went from £283 / year to over £410 / year - fine for the first year but if your pet has treatment during that time & you can't therefore change .... you're stuck with huge premiums from then on!

There are several to avoid (Animal F*riends, anything by E&*L and others) - Pet*Plan, A*xa, John Lew*is and Ar*gos all being recommended by people I know.

Most of all - do your research.

Sorry for the long post but it's something I feel strongly about - too many people I know have had claims denied - been stuck with an insurer as they can't move due to ongoing conditions - reached the limit of their cover - taken a 12 month policy by mistake etc etc .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Hi everyone.

icontinuetodream - my thoughts are with you - i hope Frazz makes a recovery... sending you lots of love!!!

Thanks for the comments on my earlier post - and it has made me realise I don't budget for clothes/dentist/medication... I am looking into ammending that for next year's Annual Expenses pot.

Claiming NSD number 23 today - thank you very much!!! :D
    It was pay day yesterday - how nice it feels to not be hanging on for it and to have money still in my wallet and in the bank... I could get used to this!!!

What can I say...??? December Debt Destruction is go!!! I'm in!!!! I've read through it and am just fine tuning how much I'm going to need for the month... Have a house move and a trip to Manchester in December, and possibly a retreat for Solstice for a few days... I will go sign up now and work out a budget in the next day or so... Whoop Whoop!!!

Thanks Kat!!! :j
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • p0lly
    p0lly Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    icontinuetodream hope pooch is soon on the mend. I had insurance for my pooch but it only for a year on any one condition so I have to pay quite a bit a month now for his joint medicine poor old thing. He is so lovely and so worth it though he is snoring next to me atm.
    Anyway I have been very good today and have nabbed NSD 22. I should make 24 which I was thinking was a little disappointing :o but then I thought of how much this challenge has saved me so I am still a winner:rotfl: Good luck to all Love P0lly x
    JBFF # 20 NSD 12/25
    Jan Grocery budget £77 /100
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    ((hugs)) on the puppy icon ...

the car went today and i cried ... never realised how attached to your first car you get .. £110 for the car fund .. im gonna quite happily take the tram/bus to work till i find the right car so im looking forward to DDD to make sure i have enough for everything ...

a spend day today to buy envelopes stamps and celeotape to send my tax disc refund form and form to say it had been scrapped ... so in total it was £4 ...

hoping december goes better then november ... to be honest im hoping for a better year in 2013 ... new plan needed x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • missyv30
    Options
    Well things still not that great for me but just got to get a grip had a good cry. Feel slightly better but still stressed out to the max, anyway claiming NSD for sun till today. So am on NSD 23 will not be spending tom or friday so unless something happens which knowing my luck will should make it to 25.
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills