LOW COST homemade christmas gifts

Options

Comments

• islandgirl8
    Options
    i made my flannel cupcakes using ice cream tubs, and topped with a bath pearl, they were V cheap, i couldnt get 2 flannels rolled and into the wrappers without them ripping :o

004-34.jpg

and i used a white flannel on my pint of socks, hubby wouldnt wear white socks :o i got the glass cheap in Debs january sale

DSC04742.jpg

the sweetie boxes went down a storm

008-15.jpg

wooden plaques were well received in my hampers last year, cheap but took a bit of planning

008-13.jpg

i am doing cupcake ones this gift tags, but they are "in production" :D my prototype

DSCN5019.jpg

Some great ideas! Thanks for sharing. Quick question if that's ok? Where do you get the ice cream tubs for the flannels? I was going to cut down paper cups but these look even sturdier.
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to crash but can anyone tell me where to buy the pretty cellophane stuff to cover things in? I'm going to giv loads of these a go!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • midnightraven3
    Options
    i got my ice cream tubs in poundland, £1 for 20 or 24, sorry i cant remember, but it was one of the 2

lidl often has cello on offer, i buy loads, they have the clear and patterned
    if not there, ebay
    and as a last resort, a local florist will sell you some
    but i buy in huge quantities so its not cost effective to do that for me
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cats2012 wrote: »
    Sorry to crash but can anyone tell me where to buy the pretty cellophane stuff to cover things in? I'm going to giv loads of these a go!

Depending how much you need you can either buy it in a Florists (only if you need a small amount), Ebay or Tiger (high street gimmick-y shop).
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • craftymummy_2
    Options
    i made my flannel cupcakes using ice cream tubs, and topped with a bath pearl, they were V cheap, i couldnt get 2 flannels rolled and into the wrappers without them ripping :o

004-34.jpg

and i used a white flannel on my pint of socks, hubby wouldnt wear white socks :o i got the glass cheap in Debs january sale

DSC04742.jpg

the sweetie boxes went down a storm

008-15.jpg

wooden plaques were well received in my hampers last year, cheap but took a bit of planning

008-13.jpg

i am doing cupcake ones this gift tags, but they are "in production" :D my prototype

DSCN5019.jpg

Hi,
    Can you please tell me where you got your wooden plaques from and how did you do the writing? I want to do some plaques but don't know what to use to write with(sharpie or paint?) and I love that font you've used too. Thanks a lot.
    All your makes look fab! :T
  • quinechinoise
    Options
    Some great ideas! Thanks for sharing. Quick question if that's ok? Where do you get the ice cream tubs for the flannels? I was going to cut down paper cups but these look even sturdier.

I noticed a few days ago that my local Sainsbury's has some reduced price paper cups and ice cream tubs - the "kids party" type ranges, from the previous season. About 45p for 6 or 8 cups/tubs, I think, in a pink design, blue spotty pattern, some sort of British-y design (perhaps left over from the Olympics/Jubilee range) and maybe something else.
  • quinechinoise
    Options

I am sooo going to copy your fab wooden plaque idea! Probably not as nice as your ones, as my handwriting will be nowhere near as charming, but am determined to give it a go. I've been ferreting out supplies on ebay and have found some wood blanks and buttons (to embellish - maybe glue on with E6000?). Reckon I could get away with leftover wall paint and a black sharpie pen? Any hints gratefully appreciated!! :)
  • midnightraven3
    Options
    i used paint i had, now you know what colour our hall is :o
    2 coats, fine sanding between coats

i just used a black sharpie. i did the 1st one with a pencil 1st, but that was a bad idea
    so freehand is better

practice on paper, its an incredibly easy font to master
    draw round one of your plaques onto paper to get size and placement while practicing

i got my blanks from ebay

the cupcake string is butchers string
  • xlilxmissxbx
    Options
    Hi giggles and Islandgirl. where did u get your boxes from? Exactly what im looking for xxx
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What a fab thread, I'll be trying the flannel cupcakes for my daughters and sock glasses for their other halves, such brilliant ideas on here and all 'doable' by a none crafter like me!!!!
    Thanks Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family