🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

LOW COST homemade christmas gifts

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• mckinkle
    Options
    Hi, Can I ask please if anyone knows how to make the flavoured vodka that was originally found in this thread a couple of years ago? I've spent hours trying to find it but to no avail.
    Thanks guys
    Keryn
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    What flavour McKinkle? I think it was this thread where I found spiced pear vodka and it is delicious.

My 5 year old son and I made the felted soap too. He loves his teacher from last year and I thought that would make a nice gift. Hope she likes it!
  • building_with_lego
    Options
    esmer wrote: »
    Ingredients

400g (14oz) dark
    397g can condensed milk
    25g (1oz) butter
    100g (3½oz) icing sugar
    55g Pistachios Shelled and crushed
    55g White chocolate chips
    Method

Break or chop the chocolate into small chunks and place, in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, when melted add in the condensed milk and butter. Melt the ingredients gently over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until smooth and silky.
    Sieve in the icing sugar and mix thoroughly, you have to work quick here as it start to get thick, and hard to stir.
    Press the fudge into a 20cm (8in) square tin, smooth over the top with the back of a spoon.
    Press the nuts and choc chips into the surface, if using.
    Chill in the fridge for 1 hour until set, cut into squares.

I made two batches of this yesterday, using Aldi and Lidl's finest bargain ingredients, and ended up with ten generous portions of delicious fudge to give out to friends, for the rather lovely price of £8.16.

All bags were very gratefully received, and I seem to have "accidentally" :p kept a bagful for us. It took no more than 20 minutes to prepare each batch, very simple, very adaptable. We might make this a regular thing!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure