Would you consider boiler rental ?

Options

Comments

• poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    What is the period of the contract? When is a replacement boiler issued? Is a replacement mandatory or can payments be stopped at contract end?
  • Ashadegreener_representative
    Ashadegreener_representative Posts: 23 Organisation Representative
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    What is the period of the contract? When is a replacement boiler issued? Is a replacement mandatory or can payments be stopped at contract end?

The minimum must be active for a minimum of 28 days after which point it can be terminated simply by buying the boiler out. The amount which is owed depends on the length of time the agreement has been active for.

You have the option to upgrade the boiler after 10 years, if this option is taken a new agreement will be issued.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Ashadegreener. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    My son has had his boiler fitted, and so far so good.

The team were punctual and polite, they worked quickly and cleanly and left everything as it was when they arrived. The boiler was up and running within 5 hours and then they did the flush out. All the paper work was explained fully and the controls and detail fully explained. All the members of the team had their specific jobs and they carried them out well. I was very impressed.
  • Ashadegreener_representative
    Ashadegreener_representative Posts: 23 Organisation Representative
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    My son has had his boiler fitted, and so far so good.

The team were punctual and polite, they worked quickly and cleanly and left everything as it was when they arrived. The boiler was up and running within 5 hours and then they did the flush out. All the paper work was explained fully and the controls and detail fully explained. All the members of the team had their specific jobs and they carried them out well. I was very impressed.

Excellent, I'm you're impressed with the service :)

If you or your son recommend anyone just make sure that they tell us when they call, there is a referral bonus for any that go to install.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Ashadegreener. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    Options
    plumberraven 3 posts of :spam: reported
  • dave5416
    dave5416 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    We received a letter recently that informed us that ourboiler will no longer be covered on our service plan as the manufacturer willno longer be supplying parts for it. With this in mind I set about looking fora replacement. Better to have it replaced in summer than wait for the cold ofthe winter.

I looked at Help link and decided against them purely ongrounds of customer feedback on this and other review sites in regards tocustomer service.

I called in a local heating engineer to quote and also the ashade greener /Everlasting boiler company (after searching for companiessimilar to help link on google).

For fairness I got the independent to quote the same packageas the Everlasting boiler company.

The results:

Independent: supply and fit “A” rated condensing combiboiler, TRV’s, Clock and wireless room stat

And powerlfush £2650.

Annual service for 14 years £1458.00

Coverplan for years 5-14 (108 mths) =£1802.05

Total =£5910.05

168 payments =£35.18 /mth

Other costs not considered= interest on initial outlay.Early replacement of boiler. Unknown reputation of installation engineer.

Everlasting boiler: Supply and fit “A” rated condenser combiboiler, TRVs clock and wireless room stat and powerflush,

Annual service included

Breakdown cover included

£250 cashback on install

Total £7038.26

168 payments=£41.89 /mth

Other costs not considered: None. Everlasting boiler companyhave good positive feed back

After doing the maths the difference is minimal if I allowfor interest. The energy saving and the current £17.00 per month I pay forcover probably make a break even. I currently pay £60 a month for gas on aboiler that is 70% efficient according to data found on the web. In reality Imay save more if other customers reports are true.

I also noted comments about buy out and the final payment to purchase at year 14. My documentation state that this payment is NIL not £875.

Also I asked could the payments increase? I was told “No,the payments will remain as stated in the terms of the contract”

What if the company fails? “any company taking over thebusiness will have to honour the contracts in place”

Can I cancel? “yes within 14 days if your install is outsideof 14 days. If you want installation within fourteen days then this is notpossible and you have to sign a waiver of that right”

After consideration we have decided to go with Everlastingboilers.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2013 at 12:16PM
    Options
    dave5416 wrote: »
    What if the company fails? “any company taking over thebusiness will have to honour the contracts in place”

This is only the case if the business remains as an operating entity.
    If it turns out to not be profitable - and there is nobody interested in taking over the whole company, the assets can be broken up - and the contracts terminated.

As you say - if you actually have boiler care - then it makes a lot of sense.
    If you are willing to 'self insure' for boiler care - it may not.
  • mintsauce5
    Options
    I think we're going for an everlasting boiler if anyone wants to refer us that would be good for us both :-)
  • marmalade2000
    Options
    Got boiler installed 7months ago,all was welland good,until last week,
    Called to report a fault and was told that someone would call me back,nobody did,called them again today and she said that someone will call me back,told her that is what they said last week, got annoyed at the lack of service,now 5.53pm and nobody has called back,
    Absolute crap service from this company.
  • craigmm
    craigmm Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds a good deal but unfortunately for us they are not installing in Suffolk at the moment :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure