November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 65

New Post Advanced Search

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 2:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.4K views

Replies

• meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make-it-3 wrote: »
    Argh! Another brand new packet of baby wipes lost by the nursery yesterday - its like a black hole - her changing bag. So had to buy those this morning and just got home and remembered I used up the last dishwasher tablet yesterday. So I'll be back at MrS again this afternoon.

Will update all the figures later ...

How annoying, if Nursery keep doing this I would be tempted to forget to put some in and let them Find some,or just put a days worth in a plastic bag.
    Slimming World at target
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...cooking a stew for tea today well warming up a stew i made the other day...i have a piece of gammon out of the freezer for tomorrow...will cook it in sc and eat with chips and fried eggs

if there is a bit of gammon left i willmake a quiche with it...im getting to quite like using up leftovers...must be saving me a bit of money

i am going to costco tomorrow to pick up a few bits...the fridge is looking quite empty so will need to have a look at my shopping list and see what i need to add

hope everyone has a nice weekend
    tata tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Just been to A!di and brought more than usual resulting in a spend of £38.83 but still well in budget.:) Things that dont usually purchase were pate, yogurts, corned beef and some pickled onions. They were waiting for a delivery of milk so will need to pick some of that up in a day or so, there is enough in but dont like to run it to low.
    Once again both freezers are full and also have two drawers in mums freezer. Brought over £150 worth of meat recently from a catering butchers and I pay myself back and include it in the GC as it is used.
    Also picked up a Christmas present so one less to think about.

Just need some fruit & veg tomorrow and hopefully nothing else till at least Tuesday.

Only food that was thrown out this week was a 1/4 of naan bread and a lemon that had turned mushy.

Good luck everyone who has to shop over the weekend, we noticed today how busy the shops are begining to get as we creep ever closer to Christmas. :eek::rotfl:
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh! Another brand new packet of baby wipes lost by the nursery yesterday - its like a black hole - her changing bag. So had to buy those this morning and just got home and remembered I used up the last dishwasher tablet yesterday. So I'll be back at MrS again this afternoon.

Will update all the figures later ...
    meg72 wrote: »
    How annoying, if Nursery keep doing this I would be tempted to forget to put some in and let them Find some,or just put a days worth in a plastic bag.

This made me so mad when it happened to me (years ago now!)In the first instance I spoke to the nursery manager when this happened. I suggested that they provide them as part of the fees. When that did not make any difference I took the price of them off my invoice, sending a pleasant note and an invoice to say that as I am the new supplier I have taken it off my invoice... That worked for me. It stopped after that. :)
    SL

Save £12k in 2020 - #20 £2161.30/£5k 28.72% after Apr
    OS Grocery Challenge 2020 target £863.93/£3k 28.8% so far at end of April
    Mortgage Free Wannabes 2020 #37 £7,678.12/£15,000 51.9%
    MFIT T5 No 2 £50,483/£59,998 or 84.14% paid after Q5
    My Debt Free Diary is here
  • Another NSD for me, but will have to go shopping tomorrow I'm getting really low on coffee, so off to search supermarket websites to see if there are any offers on my fav coffee ;)
    Argh! Another brand new packet of baby wipes lost by the nursery yesterday - its like a black hole - her changing bag. So had to buy those this morning.
    meg72 wrote: »

I agree with Meg72 or write her name on them in HUGE letters using black marker - I used to work in the childcare sector and I hate to say it but the ones you supply are saving others money - they will probably have forgotten to put some in, so staff will use yours!!
  • tattycathtattycath Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've added up my receipts-finally- :o
    I have spent a further £127.95
    total @ 16-11-12 £188.56 :o
    and we're only just half way through the month.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • meanmariemeanmarie Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shopping to date is now at €132.17, so need to be careful for the rest of the month, can't afford to go over budget any more....

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Final big shop of the month done for 132 Euros, making the Total 672 euros. This lot should last me until the end of our financial month next pay day is the 27th) and I have a few vouchers for any stray bits I need to pick up (milk etc).
    Trying to keep in budget.

• bossymoobossymoo Forumite
    6.9K posts
    No more spends here from grocery budget but I have done a tosco shop to come on Monday. It's about £65, and will just wrap up the month, as mine starts on 20th. No more buying nappies here! My youngest is now potty training and doing really well. Should save a few quid!

I suppose it's a good time to rethink the budget really for December and then into the new year :eek:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Down to £48.64 to last til the end of the month, with one big shop left to go. It could go either way but will try really hard to come in under budget. Got everything in for meals this week and should only need to top up on milk, so fingers crossed.