November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 42

New Post Advanced Search

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 2:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.5K views

Replies

• CompBunnyCompBunny Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Thanks lemming, I'll give it a go - hope yours turns out well :)
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72
    Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• elly2elly2 Forumite
    556 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hi i came in at aprox £44 last week dissapointing but under budget so thats a plus :D (going to have to get a spends diary set up again). Have spent £12 in tesco and £3 on some pots so far this week so on target (for now). Yesterday i cleared my CC debt of £893 :j:j and also a couple of small catologue debts I used some money from my savings account but will make it up by putting the £80 i usually use to pay my CC straight back into my savings (saved aprox £200 in intrest payments) . Tea this eve is cottage pie for DD and me (using up sun leftover gravy) the lo's will have pizza out the freezer, had everything in so a NSD today and possibly another tomorrow as i am at work 3-11.

• Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    elly2 wrote: »
    Yesterday i cleared my CC debt of £893 :j:j and also a couple of small catologue debts I used some money from my savings account but will make it up by putting the £80 i usually use to pay my CC straight back into my savings (saved aprox £200 in intrest payments) . Tea this eve is cottage pie for DD and me (using up sun leftover gravy) the lo's will have pizza out the freezer, had everything in so a NSD today and possibly another tomorrow as i am at work 3-11.

Just wanted to say a huge well done on clearing those debts :j what a great feeling! Plus you are already thinking of ways to build your savings up again - fantastic :beer:

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • donnajtdonnajt Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    donnajt wrote: »
    Spent £23 in Mr T yesterday= £272.37 = £23 = £249.37

Managed to get some of the buy 1 get 2 free on cheese and crisps

Not doing so well lol! Hubby dragged me to Tesco, he spent £18 in Tesco again today and got £42 worth of Asda delivery coming tonight also!

£249.37 - £60 = £189.37...omg that's only for rest of month - panic over there's only 3 weeks and 2 days until December, so that's £8.22 per day or £63.12 for 3 weeks...I should be able to do that surely, house is full of food!

I have also decided to exchange my tesco vouchers for frozen food - just goes to show I'm not spending exclusively in tesco anymore only got £16 in vouchers, still £30 of frozen chicken as far as I am concerned :D
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
  • giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Hello, can I go on the list please - I think I must have forgotten to highlight my first post - sorry!!

I'm going for 600 euros and so far I have spent 376 euros

We're a family of five (2 adults, 2 teenagers, one child) a dog and a cat!

thanks very much

Coxy11 wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Had a 'make it up as you go along' dinner last night. Got some diced lamb and put it in an ovenproof dish, added a jar of patatas bravas sauce and a small pot of natural yoghurt. Mixed it all together and baked in the oven at 200 degrees for about half an hour. Lovely - quite spicy, but nice with mini roasties and broccoli.

Haven't spent any pennies since Monday's T shop. Will be going into town tomorrow so may get some veggies. Also going to visit my local branch of 'shoes' to use my staff discount card on a couple of pressies ;)

Coxy
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    gien - you ARE on the list (it's alphabetical) :)

Just had my first taste of lime pickle EVER....the jury is still out :o

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • liz-paulliz-paul Forumite
    899 posts
    I love lime pickle!

Am eating a yummy dinner I made up! Thick slices of boiled potato layered in a dish with slices of onion, bits of bacon & salami, poured white sauce over it and plenty of grated cheese on top. In the oven for about 40 mins. Carrots to go with it. Kids don't like but no surprise there :cool:
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Made a quick visit to Lid! today, I got to the point where I couldn’t do without bread any longer. Also had a craving for that malted bed-time drink so armed with my list (which I did stick to) I managed all my essentials for £5.83.

I did notice they had kitchen roll and my favourite fabric conditioner on offer so may go back another day when I have more cash on me, just to top up my supplies before they get to low.
  • edited 7 November 2012 at 8:14PM
    mossymossy Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 7 November 2012 at 8:14PM
    :T Well done elly2 :T

Nipped in to waitrose to pick up a couple of things. £2.14. Could have been worse!! ;)

Also bought a delicious rib eye steak :D which was £7.39 :eek: but it was sooooo worth it! :p That isn't coming out of the shopping budget that's out of my monthly spending money as I wanted to treat myself after a stressful day and because it was part of a challenge in a diet book I've just finished reading! It certainly was better than buying myself chocolate! ;)

Just updated my details and sadly changed my colour over from green to red! :( Next month I have a new focus for not splurging and buying lots of naughty things...lets see!! :)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • donnajtdonnajt Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I need to go to Lidl for potatoes - cannot believe the cheapest bag I could get in Tesco were £2.69 for 2.5kg
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)