PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Angelatgraceland - Please accept our condolences on your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family x.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • My first post so be gentle with me :0)

I had a go last month and managed quite well so this month I'm in it for real!

There's only me at home with with two dogs so I'm setting a budget of £50 for the month.

Onward and upward...
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Angelatgraceland I'm so sorry :(

£2.08 to be added to the budget (reduced Mountain Dew and j2o and birds rum sauce for Xmas only 39p). Doing pretty well really as my freezers are full but I really really need to stick to budget now as we're about to spend £1050 so we can move. It's daunting as it leaves with little money but we have to do it.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • My first November spends come in at £18.94 in Mr S and 11.08 in Mr A which I'm pretty pleased with. Just me at home this week so hoping for minimal spends this week and then a big shop on around the 17th when we'll need to stock up.

So far so good!
  • Afternoon all - DM went out today and brought bread and chocolate bars....lol....about £3 spent in total but most of it was on the bread.
  • Friend took me to a place today where you need a membership card and it sells branded items nearing their sell by date. Spent £13.65 mainly on ready meals for work (gone in the freezer), crisps for pack-ups and some store cupboard items.
    Got a curry in the slow cooker for tonight and have taken some mince out of the freezer- possibly chilli or sheperds pie tomorrow.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • Bunny112
    Bunny112 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi all

Glad to see everyone is doing so well this month, and sorry to hear that some have had sad news as well.

I'm declaring two small spends from yesterday and today, £7.05 yesterday in Mr T's on milk, bread and butter. Also today £1.49 on milk and biscuits for work.

So £8.54 spent over the last two days!! on a better note the 6 days before were ALL NSD so we are doing well only spending when we need to. Also we managed to get invited out for dinner twice and a friend offered to bring round a takeaway as well last week, so we are three meals up and so will not need to shop for dinners until mid way through next week!!:j

All in all not bad - but total remaining for the month £70.54/£200!:eek:

Lets hope we can stick to it!
    Debt Amount: £12,000 = Loan
    DFD: Unplanned
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £1.74 today on some milk - straight in and out to stop myself looking at what was in the supermarket and managed to just get what I went in for!

ETA - just read back - Angelatgraceland please accept my condolences for your loss x
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 November 2012 at 6:45PM
    Sorry to hear your sad news Angelatgraceland. x

A few spends, tried to just buy things on the list although DH picked up some bread for me which was a little pricey, ah well, we'll enjoy it! Will update totals in a sec.

47p to last until the 19th Nov....not sure I'm going to make that although fairly well stocked so as long as we are sensible it shouldn't be too horrific!
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • I did some real cooking at last now we are regaining our appetites. I mad 5 portions of chilli last night after we were picking on "bits" all day. Frezer full of food so I have no excuses! My DS is suddenly realy energy conscious and is watching the enrgy monitor. Ive just told him-he will turn in to his Dad! That makes a welcome change-I guess he is worried about the bills now-well he should be now we are on about half the income! Sorted out car in surance for "my car"-both were in hubbys name. Now in mine and I am paying even less-they gave me his 9yrs NCD as I was a named driver on his policy before. That was good news as I Was fearing it would go up a lot!
    Thanks everyone for the virtual hugs!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure