Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Good luck peaty il cross my fingers and toes xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Who you spend your money on?

Our 2 children and a Secret Santa each at places of work
    Do you buy gifts "because they do"

Never,

What is your limit for your DH or DW?

We dont buy presents any more for each other - although I always get a ball of string from Santa and he (OH) gets a chocolate orange - there is a back story to this :D

In the years of my youth we got 1 gift, what do your DD and DS require nowadays (give 'em all an orange I say ...........)

They get all that they need - they love the small stocking filler type - bearing in mind the eldest is 21 she wouldnt go without her stocking! I buy these throughout the year....little items/mementoes of days out holidays etc. Some frivolous and some essential ( M&S knickers:rotfl::rotfl: Some second hand some HM. Also obligatory chocolate;)

They get a couple of more expensive things that they have asked for - its a camera this year for youngest which I will be using saved up vouchers for - and DVDs CDs and smellies - more saved up vouchers from surveys

We also buy a family pressie - can be anything from a flat screen TV one year to a board game...........

More importantly have you ever had grief off someone cause you suggested your mum's cousin's husband's step-daughter is 35years old and doesn't actually know who you are therefore gifts are being stopped this year?

Oh yes!! One SIL doesnt speak to us any more - result :)

We made all the decisions about the above not because we hate Christmas but because we are skint - We both earn good salaries but every penny is accounted for. We where up front and honest about it and warned people if they bought us/our children anything then they would only receive a thank you in return. With the SIL exception, nobody batted an eye lid - some even followed suit!

We always have a real tree and eat very well. We have an open house except on Christmas Day so anybody who drops by will be well fed and watered:D

I love Christmas:p
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I still get a stocking and I'm 22. :o I love it, I get a magazine (the economist), some toys (they're usually recycled from the year before) and some sweeties (wayhay!). We play with board games and those battle spinning top things, my mum is RUTHLESS, she made me bleed one year ha ha.

Thanks happy : )
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    GOOD EVENING!!!

And how are we all today! Its great to see how people spend their Christmas's and amazing just to see what is expected from ungrateful family members.. I am beginning to warm to finding little things for my immediate fmaily ( Mum, Dad, Brother, and Gran)..I did last year and bought them all gifts from Help For Heroes. This went down well especailly the teddy bear I got for my Dad..:p

Killer nice to hear from you again. I was wondering where you went to! Congrats on getting to the top five - I have all my limbs crossed for you. Should make riding the bike interesting!!! And I would LOVe to get a stocking for Christmas but its never something my parents got into... I have always said the man of my dreams will have one for me and inside will be that expensive Barbie that you are not allowed to take out of the box... I have always wanted one but never got it...hummmmmph!

MillySG1...your allowed to rant. And I think if I was in your position I would do the same. Care you advise them you are having financial difficulties and will not be giving gifts this year...? Or would this be a step too far. Embarrass them with the talk of money and they might just say "okay don't worry".. or maybe not. How horrid for you!!!... What do you think you will do this year...?

Listerbelle. I understand what you mean about work. I am in from 1600-2300 tomorrow and back up at 0500 on Monday. Its an absolute killer at times and I am generally ready to sleep for a week by Friday.. sorry about this exam.. will it enable a better work life though...?

LincsEffect..( love the name by the way )..nice to have you on board.. I try where I can. You are all in the mind of getting debts paid but yes having a goal is always the way of making it easier... I can't wait until New Years Eve just to see what I can get rid of!!!

Right Kittens.. I am off to a friends house for pizza and a movie - to see in the close of my 3rd NSD.. This makes me very happy. Tomorrow will be spend making yummy food for the week so I might even tell you what it is once its done....

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • CandyCupcake
    Options
    I might write a book and call it... "Give me your money and I will give you an allowance"...:rotfl::rotfl:

I would completely allow you to do this! I need to be given an allowance like a child so that I don't overspend! :o

Candy
    x
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    There are lots of fireworks going off tonight :-) its a cosy night in and a DVD hehe :-) happy Saturday night xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hey everyone, just checkin in to say hello :hello:

Everyone seems to be having a nice Saturday evening :) I'm glad, you all deserve it! I'm not long home so the heater's on and the Quorn Bolognese is cooking - just need to load a bit of Strictly on my laptop and I'm set _party_

I cashed in my spare Oyster Card today and got £6.20 back so I'll add £5 of it to the £10 I got the other night for my chair and, after a quick detour to the bank on Monday morning, pay another £15 off the Virgin bill :j Almost sub £300!!! My aim a few weeks ago was to not add to my debt this month as my wage was so rubbish, but thanks to the support on this thread (and kat's dominatrix whip :eek:) I've got it to where I thought it might be around Christmas so thank you all :A

Can't decide whether tomorrow will be a spendie or not. I could easily wait til Monday or Tuesday for my foodie bits, but I have a money off voucher for Ikea which expires tomorrow. True, I don't need to get what I'm after, but it was pre-planned last month and if I leave it til next month it'll cost more cos I won't have the vouchers. Plus, I have a bit more time for cooking tomorrow so it would be good to get the extra bits from the Supermarket then I could attempt one/some/all of the pumpkin recipies I've collated! I'll decide after my Quorn Bolognese and Strictly (oh, and I may break open the chocolate too :D)

Enjoy your Staurday evenings :)
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Me again :D Now, I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with this debt busting malarkey, but while you've all been off having a fun Saturday night, I logged on to check my balances and a surprise refund of £34.50 (I calculated it to be £20ish) has been credited to my Virgin card bringing the balance below £300 :j:j

Ok, shutting up again now......:silenced:
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Well done that's great news to be sub 300 on the virgin card souxie!! Roll on Christmas :T:T:T
    Started again 25th December 2017
    Current tracking - £7,955.84/ £18,282.25 to pay off. (31.12.19)
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Go Siouxsie (my "X" is sticky... you might have to be called Sio for the sake of my sanity)! *gets out the pom poms* >D Is today a NSD?

@kat: I wasn't allowed barbies as a child, unless someone else got them for me, so my mum's friends used to get me and my sister them. But err... we used to take them apart. :o They were terrifically boring to play with unless they had joints. I hope you had a good pizza night!

Hi diva! How are you?

Just claimed £10 from a survey site, earnt £2 on a couple of sites (will be working on it), applied to two jobs today, watched the most amazing race (Perez is a knob!) and have plans for tonight. Score. :cool: Oh and I have a watcher for an alarm clock I put onto ebay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure