Slimtone plus Raspberry Ketone - free trial - NOT! (another Nutrascience)

Options
I was emailed today about Sample Raspberry Ketone For 2 Weeks: #1 Selling Diet Product In The UK.
Having been caught out by the Nutrascience free trial that is so tightly wrapped in terms and conditions you end up paying £75 for a tub of useless tablets, I checked the Slimtone Plus link and lo and behold, same free trial Ts&Cs.
BTW: I have looked all over the net for retribution for Nutrascience, and haven't found a single post where someone says they returned the goods within the strategically hidden 14 day trial period, and didn't get stung. I have seen hundreds of posts from people who, like me were hoodwinked out of lots of money.....

Comments

• johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeh and whys that work it out by the time the product has arrived your 14 days trial are up then they can charge you £75 no way round it as they say they need you to return the product which comes from Ireland before they close your account but 14 days are up before it arrived it's all a con don't sign up and if you have the only way to stop it is to cancel your debit card and get a new one
  • slimjimmy_2
    Options
    There are no scientific studies on raspberry ketone that support claims of weight loss in humans...here's an excellent article that debunks all those ridiculous claims: www[dot]inews1.net/raspberry-ketone

As a registered dietitian (RD) and personal trainer, my advise is to stop wasting your money on weight loss pills and and other snake oils... trust me, if such a product ever really comes to market, you will know about it.

Good old fashioned diet and exercise will always be the key to healthy weight loss!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    For some reason, slimjimmy links to a commercial site, http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone whilst this is the link to the wikipedia site it references directly.

The rest of his post it quite agreeable - remember if an 'alternative medicine' works, it becomes 'medicine' - willow bark begat aspirin, for instance, so if any kind of snake oil is promoted directly on the internet to purchasers, it is a pretty direct indication that it doesn't actually work.
  • Macbeth
    Options
    Does anyone have a return address for the company that offers the free trial(?) or SlimTonePlus (Raspberry Ketone) and BodyCleanse Plus. I have sent them an e-mail but it has been returned undelivered. I ordered this stuff on 4th October and want to cancel and return unopened, but without a return address I am going to get clobbered for the cost. Also, don't see how I can cancel without an address or valid e-mail address. Anyone - HELP please.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I would suggest that you contact your card issuer asap and explain exactly what the problem is.
    Tell them that you have attempted to obtain a return address but the company concerned will not supply one, and therefore you want to make them aware that if any payment is taken, you will be disputing it.
  • James_Lahey
    Options
    Any "free trial" that requires you to enter credit/debit card details is very likely to be a subscription based scam/rip-off.

As above - contact card issuer, these companies have been known to sign you up to sister sites and cannot be trusted to cancel.
  • nenny
    Options
    I foned slimtone plus to complain about them taking £75.00 out of my bank account for an order that i didn't ask for , they told me that when you order the free trail, which costs £4.95 to cover post and packaging, that your are charge £75.00 to cover the 14 day trail, i did cancel the order, she told me that you still have to pay the full amount, which she said is explained in the terms and conditions, which i never read, i would like to know if any one else seen this explained in the terms and conditions, if any one is thinking about trying slimetone for the free trail, please do not it is nothing but a money making scam, these company's should not be allowed to get away with this, its false advertising.
  • Rosemarysan
    Options
    you have to ring 08447459698 to get a returns no. & the system won't let you in unless you can give them your phone no. exactly as you gave it on original order. The return address Vision, PO box 111, Shannon, County Clare Ireland. You have to return half the tablets or you get charged; you have to send it International recorded delivery because if you can't prove it arrived by their deadline you get charged £75.

These may help but as you need to do diet & exercise as well - per their leaflet why not just diet & exercise and save the "special offer price " of £37.50 (you can get it from Amazon for £18.50)
  • Rosemarysan
    Options
    I have posted the return address but you have to phone to get a returns no. too. Also they recommend sending recorded delivery but you cannot do this from the UK to Ireland to a PO box no.
    Macbeth wrote: »
    Does anyone have a return address for the company that offers the free trial(?) or SlimTonePlus (Raspberry Ketone) and BodyCleanse Plus. I have sent them an e-mail but it has been returned undelivered. I ordered this stuff on 4th October and want to cancel and return unopened, but without a return address I am going to get clobbered for the cost. Also, don't see how I can cancel without an address or valid e-mail address. Anyone - HELP please.
  • Rosemarysan
    Options
    Slimtone Plus <support@slimtoneplus.com> I got a reply saying my email was logged but there was a 72 hour delay for replies due to technical issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure