PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter IV

Options

Comments

• pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A flake or two (literally) of snow here in West Yorkshire!

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • pollys
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe I thought childrens sizes stopped at 13 too.

Keep warm everyone.

Pollys
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    I got the vac out (well its a Flymo leaf sucker to be exact) and sucked up allot of the leaves in the backgarden as they are coming down something shocking. We will have to do this a few times before thay are all gone.

It is very cold tonight forecast just now on BBC news is -3 degrees for tonight. Heating is on, and we are not going out. It will be a cold day tomorrow.
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pollys wrote: »
    A flake or two (literally) of snow here in West Yorkshire!

Pollys

Wow really? I'm west yorks too, not seen any today, but I've just been out to put the little ones trikes away and it is feeling very nippy. We are hibernating too. I already have my dressing gown on, and DD is ready for bed already in her fleece onesie. Going to persuade DS into his in a minute too. Then we'll get a DVD out.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • 2tonsils
    2tonsils Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Just been reading about the weather in the UK and America...stay warm and snuggled everyone.

At long last I have found someone who is starting to cut the olive wood for fires for the winter. I left a message for him and he is bringing us a ton on Sunday (after he checked first that we don't object to it being delivered on a Sunday...bless). We got it at a good price as well as all the other quotes I got were about 30 euros a ton more.

According to our weather forecast we are in for some bad thunderstorms and very heavy rain from tomorrow...that should make moving a ton of wood and stacking it fun on Sunday! I am glad we are getting it in though I was beginning to think we wouldn't find any to buy. I also saw big bags of sticks soaked in pine oil to light the fires easily for 4 euros a bag so will be getting a few of those in.

Made some lovely ham shank and split peas in the slow cooker today..going to make a lovely soup tomorrow.
    “The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC):A
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just put mince, onions and curry powder in my slow cooker to make mulligatawny tomorrow...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Last week we were told to expect and Indian summer, yet in todays paper, it says there is a cold snap on the way! Ish they'd make theor minds up :)

Have had a nice snuggly day at home today, but briefly popped out to tesco, and it was REALLY cold outside, to the point you coudl see your breath with you breathed out!

The thermostat is still at 17, and only on for 30mins a day, but i think i am going to have to start putting it on a bit more at this rate!
  • pollys
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Wow really? I'm west yorks too, not seen any today, but I've just been out to put the little ones trikes away and it is feeling very nippy. We are hibernating too. I already have my dressing gown on, and DD is ready for bed already in her fleece onesie. Going to persuade DS into his in a minute too. Then we'll get a DVD out.

My boys got really excited, we all had to look out of the windows, it lasted all of two minutes and they were making plans to go sledging:rotfl:

Pollys
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All this talk of snow is so daunting ,my OH has Reynaulds and feels the cold terribly ,especially his feet.
    I,ve been crochetting blankets for the bed ,already made one in pink and white, it took me 8 days to make this one,but it keeps you warm as it grows bigger,lol.Its about 7 feet square
    I,m now starting on my second ,its going to be shades of blue with a little bit of cream
    I,m using up some cones of yarn that I got at a boot sale a few years back ,so very MSE .

I will put a pic on my homepage later
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • MarilynMonroe_2
    Options
    pollys wrote: »
    Marilyn Monroe I thought childrens sizes stopped at 13 too.

Keep warm everyone.

Pollys
    Thanks for that.:j I cant even think why they would have a size 14, must surely be an error - lovely boots though.

Its only just over 17 degrees indoors here and that with the heating on, it could be the coldest day so far today.
    I'm going to stick the fire lights on to see if that makes me feel warmer.

I havn't got hardly anything done I meant to, the gardens still not been touched and got no food stocks *sigh*
    1,2 & 5p: Christmas day food £9.31
    10 & 20p: misc savings £2.70
    50p: Christmas presents £3.50
    £2: holidays £2.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business