Problem with 'Great British Discounts'

Options

Comments

• denny_the_wench
    Options
    Thanks all... Just got the offer connected to a Groupon Purchase for Fairy Lights through James Russell... NEARLY fell for it then re-read the page and my MSE warning bell started ringing in my head... if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!
  • KGB73
    KGB73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all
    Has anyone had any luck??? They have just taken money from me despite not issuing an account number, my credit card (pre loaded) or any kind of paperwork. I am now very angry and frustrated..I do not want them to take this money every month..how do I stop it?
  • Aimee72
    Options
    Hi KGB73

You must contact them urgently to stop further payments being taking from you! Most of us here have got our issues sorted, it may take a little effort but don't give up, Annie42 got all her money refunded and so should you. i posted the company contact details before and that's how i got in touch, have your details ready( charges and dates etc) and phone them on 08000 394 053, if you can't get through, send an email to customerservice@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk
    Again to anyone else having similar problems, i got this info from there contact us page of there website.
    Hope to hear another success story
    All the best
    Aimee
  • sigmund_2
    Options
    to all concerned and ive read most posts,i booked a flight with flybe in august 2012,i was been offered a £20 refund back on the flight, it was flybe.com offering the £20 and it asked for my bank details, sort code account details i provided them and next thing a pop up screen comes up telling me im subscribing to 1 free month with great british discounts at £14.99.i then imedietly tried to close the page and i get a thank you your a successfull member and an activation e mail has been sent to your account and another with a membership card with no number,i try mail this email but the activation email is not an activation email highlighted in blue but a more of an alphabet with a couple of numbers thrown in.they are i later learn no reply generated emails and i had tried thought id made things clear.anyway ill cut the storey short they get my money right up till christmas. now i LEARNED greatbrishdiscounts is trading through L-EV8 MARKETING LTD OR IS THE HOLDING COMPANY.they are a republic of ireland company with head office in dublin and an office in america,the company was formed on 19.11.2010 and private limited by shares previouly called NASLAN LIMITED.the are 2 irish directors with addresses in the republic of ireland and 2 other directors with addresses in the u.s.a.the directors are in most cases directors of multiple companys.i contacted there l-ev8 marking .com email address on christmas day and subsequently phone there dublin office from outside there building thursday last,i outlined there problem on the phone,i spoke with them again today and recieved an half personalized regret letter today mix up crap.i had told them i would protest outside there bussiness premisses if they did not sort out the problem,i have a promise of return of money but im still not happy with that and may protest 2 morrow as is my constitutional right to assemly peacfully and without bearing arms as is in the constituion ARTICLE 40 ii.i hope someone finds these details helpful to get there money back.
  • Bilko2
    Options
    Wowee ur one determined guy. Loads info in ur post. Helped me. Rekmnd anyone with any bad stuff with dese Gus to reed ur post. Gracias Sig
  • panther14
    Options
    Hi
    I stupidly joined up after buying something from James Russell through Groupon. I can now not prevent them taking money from my bank account every month. On the website there is no link to contact and I have sent emails to the address suggested above. I am unsure now how to stop more money going out each month that I cannot afford. I think I may have to change my bank account to stop them. Can I complain to trading standards about this or is it not their domain.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    panther14 wrote: »
    Hi
    I stupidly joined up after buying something from James Russell through Groupon. I can now not prevent them taking money from my bank account every month. On the website there is no link to contact and I have sent emails to the address suggested above. I am unsure now how to stop more money going out each month that I cannot afford. I think I may have to change my bank account to stop them. Can I complain to trading standards about this or is it not their domain.
    How are they taking money from your bank account?
    Direct Debit or via a Continuous Payment Authority with your Debit Card?

Either way, talk to your bank.
    Advise your bank that you have cancelled the arrangement.
    Show them that email you have sent if you like.
    Instruct your bank to ensure that no more money is taken from your account.

If you are paying by Direct Debit, tell your bank that all monies taken from your account after the date of your cancellation email are unauthorised and you would like a refund of those sums, as provided for under the Direct Debit Guarantee.

If you are paying via a Continuous Payment Authority, ask your bank for a Chargeback of the monies taken after your cancellation email.
    Be aware that a Chargeback can only go back 120 days though.
    Options
    RESULT! :D

Just like you I also signed up after a Groupon purchase.
    I noticed today that £14.95 had gone out of my account, even though I never even sent off the form for the card; as it said, 'If you don't return the form for the pre-loaded card within 60 days then the account will be null & void.'
    After much searching on Google I managed to find a number, got through, got a refund, & the account closed.

The number is: 08000962925.

The chap I spoke with was very apologetic & helpful.

panther14 wrote: »
    Hi
  • jess87_2
    Options
    Thank You 43335132
    I did the same thing, but thanks to you providing the phone number i was able to cancel before the monthly charge went through.. cheers for that!
    I was expecting a fight from there end, but i have to agree with you "very helpful". Which is rare now days from a customer service dept.
  • helenlouise140
    Options
    Has anyone else been scammed by Great British Discounts? I booked a fairly expensive train ticket with rail easy on the basis I would receieve £20 cash back with Great British Discounts. It was really confusing how you actually got the cashback so I rang them up and they explained i had to fill in a form send it off and then I would be sent a preloaded mastercard with £20 on to either use in stores or take out as cash. This was months ago and I still haven't receieved it and on top of this I asked them to cancel my membership which they didn't and I have charged 14.95 this month. Has anyone else had this trouble and does anyone have any advice as to what I can do?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport