First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i never did get my cashback. avoid gbd
  • snowdog
    snowdog Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    skysurfer wrote: »
    I've just shopped on fleabay, and a window to these popped up. After reading the posts, here, I'm glad I wasn't tempted. Does anyone have their address? I'd love to meet the CEO...:rotfl:

I had a similar idea in mind &, seeing as I work just round the corner from the St. John's Street address on their e-mail, I thought I'd deliver my cashback form/receipt by hand & have a word with someone.

Sadly it's just a mailing address. The company based there collect & forward mail to L-EV8, so I'm none the wiser.

I shall look forward to receiving my pre-loaded card & be sure to cancel my agreement before the 30 days are up.

Hey, I'm an optimist!! :rotfl:
    Elements of the past & future combining to make something not quite as good as either.
  • Rebecca146
    Options
    Hi Martin, I just looked at my bank account statement and found that GB Discounts have withdrawn £14.95 from my bank account- this monday- the 18th. I did not authorise this payment and have not bought anything on-line in months. I'm on a tight budget at the moment and am fearful that they will withdraw more money without my consent, even though I hadn't even heard of the company until today. I've spoken to my bank and they are looking into it but I'm confused as to how a company can withdraw money from an account without the account owners knowledge.
    Thank you
    R Morris
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 November 2013 at 8:37PM
    Options
    Rebecca146 wrote: »
    Hi Martin, I just looked at my bank account statement and found that GB Discounts have withdrawn £14.95 from my bank account- this monday- the 18th. I did not authorise this payment and have not bought anything on-line in months. I'm on a tight budget at the moment and am fearful that they will withdraw more money without my consent, even though I hadn't even heard of the company until today. I've spoken to my bank and they are looking into it but I'm confused as to how a company can withdraw money from an account without the account owners knowledge.
    Thank you
    R Morris

Hello Rebecca, welcome to the forums.

It is unlikely that Martin Lewis will read your post, so I'll have a go. ;)

There is no way that GB Discounts have taken money from your bank account without you having given your account details to someone.

Did you perhaps sign up for a free trial at sometime?
    Maybe giving card details for free postage somewhere?

Anyway, there are plenty of details earlier in this thread about how to contact GB Discounts by email or phone.

Here is some more contact information from their website:
    Great British Discounts
    Customer Services:

Just give us a call at 08000 394 053. Customer Service hours are 8.00am - 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 5.00pm on Saturday.

You may contact us by writing to: Great British Discounts, L-EV8 Marketing, 145-157 St. John Street, London EC1V 4PW

e-mail us with your full contact information at CustomerService@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk
  • I signed up to an offer through a pop-up that showed up after placing an order online with Millet Sports.

Seeing as Millet Sports was a reputable company one would assume that any collaboration would be vetted carefully.

I contacted both companies and GBD said I would need to fill out a form and that my cashback would be sent on a prepaid card. Nothing ever materialised. Millet Sports completely washed their hands off the matter telling me to contact GBD as they were the one's who made the offer.

No card was ever sent and small admin charge taken against my cc.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My earlier posts have been removed.
    Is this the earlier post you mean?

If so, it is on a different thread.... in the Discounts board.
  • norm272
    Options
    Just noticed a charge on my credit card from GB discounts!,turns out when i purchased some concert tickets from See Tickets i somehow signed up to them aswell although i dont remember!.i rang GB Discounts and they offered a full refund,i await the credit.....
  • Wendy_D_2
    Options
    I bought some goods from The Hut Group online and fell for the pop up window offering £20 cashback. GB Discounts have taken £14.95 from my account for the last two months and I've just rang them to complain and they have said that they'll refund me so I'll have to keep an eye on my account to ensure they refund the money.

I received an a-mail from them after making my purchase but the link I was meant to click on to confirm didn't work so I just forgot all about it. Naturally, I never got the credit card but it still didn't stop them taking my money! The phone number I used to get through to them was on my credit card statement next to their name (0800 0394053) if that's of help to anyone.
  • LiamGTR
    LiamGTR Posts: 11 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DO NOT use GB discounts! they've been taking payment for the past 6 months off me regardless of my email communications, I've finally been able to cancel today but with no option of a refund as apparently they sent my confirmation and welcome pack etc.

Long story short don't do it.
  • Archangel2014
    Options
    I have recently noticed money leaving my bank account to G B Discounts £19.95 per month. As I have not recently ordered anything online I checked with my bank and they have been taking this money from me each month since October last year. It seems that when I used a site called Look Fantistic (I order shampoo from this site) instead of pressing exit when I had finished I pressed a button called 'continue' . It seems that doing this GB Discounts were able to access my bank details and take money from me. When contacted they said I had signed up for a £20 voucher. I have never had a voucher from them or any communication in relation to my membership or any discounts. I have never given them my bank details or authorised them to take money from me. How can they do this this has cost ne £180.00 before I realised. They offered me £37 back but it takes 3 days to get a reply to an email and the last time they replied they told me to ring them. All I got from a phone call was that by clicking continue that signalled I wanted to give them this money. So exasperated by this all I want is my money back.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure