Problem with 'Great British Discounts'

Options
123457»

Comments

• LondonGentleman
    Options
    Dear all,

DO NOT use GB Discounts if you are reading this and thinking of signing up. They are either a complete and utter scam or a extremely poorly run company.

I signed up after purchasing a product from an online fitness site, as I was tempted by their "£20 cashback even if you cancel your trial membership". I signed up in early February 2014. I sent the cash back claim form the next day by post, along with a request to cancel my trial membership. I stress the word "trial".

I then emailed their customer support around mid February to check, who sent me an email confirming my membership was cancelled on the date I emailed them, and that the cash back voucher would be sent when they received the claim form. I asked for another copy of the form to fill out and email, and I was told 'it's ok, when we receive it we'll send the voucher". They didn't want to provide me with the form clearly.

No surprise, I never received the cash back voucher, and thought nothing more of it.

After reviewing my credit card statements, I noticed that GB Discounts had been taking between £14.95 and £19.95 a month out of my account, even though I had confirmation my trial membership had been cancelled in February, before any payments should have been even taken. My mistake for not checking my statements clearly, however this had gone on for several months totalling around £90.

I emailed their Customer Support, however no response after three working days, when they say they take two working days to respond.

This company are clearly either a scam company, or extremely poorly run. To take money from someone's account when the membership has been confirmed cancelled, is scandalous, and obviously illegal.

I would not recommend anyone using their company or any offers they send to you. I contacted my bank who put a stop on the payments being taken, and the bank refunded me all the payments taken since the date of the cancellation email.

Be warned, do not use GB Discounts...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport