Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning ladies

Up again at silly o'clock. Been on t'internet for a while now and thought I'd quickly drop in.

Its been battering down all night here and its so cold. Oh the joys of winter. Nice being snuggled up warm though.

Fabbing of me remains a work in progress. Am 'remembering' to apply my moisturers top to toe, when coming out of the bath. Nails are coming along nicely, think I may treat myself to a new varnish, as I've got the works christmas meal next week (ugh).

Pamsdish - know what you mean about eyebrows. Plucked mine when I was 19 when skinny brows were the rage. They've never grown back since:rotfl: Thank heavens for fringes. I've seen a template and powder on sale on Ideal World on tv but think I'd make a pigs ear of that too - one brow higher than the other and all. Think LL is wise with her advice.

Podperson - could you try lightly rolling the truffles in some cocoa, would have the effect of being dry, not sticking to your hands and more chocolate (which can' be a bad thing).

EH - keep the faith, you're doing well. You're meant for bigger and better things.

House fabbing has been a work in progress for the last few months, mainly repainting, new flooring going in etc. Its at a stop point for now till I save enough for my new sofas in New Year. Need to get hubby to get xmas deccies out of the loft on Sunday.

Take care everyone, keep dry and warm and have a fun weekend. x
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    podperson - coconut could be lovely but I'm biased!! I've frozen my truffles before with no issues if you've made too many.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Something wonderful happened to me today that has truly lifted my spirits and made me feel fabulous :D

The diet has started and I am feeling determined and focused. I CAN and WILL do this.

Today I am turning my thoughts to the house and have so far organised the living room and I am turning my thoughts to the kitchen :eek: and the massive heap of laundry :o.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That sounds great Rummer. I think we're all dying to know what's given that good feeling but a bit of mystery never done anyone any harm :)

Definitely unfab til lunchtime. Bad migraine. As soon as I get the distorted vision stuff I have to take paracetomol asap. Today I did that then two sessions of meditation (app called Mindspace) and slept like a baby for 2 hours :) Got naff all done then til this afternoon. But fly ladyed the bathroom.

Feeling better now. Might have some soup in a minute.

Sorry for the nattering on :o
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Spent half an hour or more plucking my eyebrows, why do they always look uneven, is there any good websites with different shapes and tips

I've given up trying to do mine and pay £5 to get them done. Last of the big spenders!
    Rummer wrote: »
    Something wonderful happened to me today that has truly lifted my spirits and made me feel fabulous :D

Oooh! The intrigue! Congratulations, whatever it was.

Hope you're feeling better Mine?

Its the weekend:j And only 2 weeks of work left to the 2 week Xmas break - hurrah!
    This term has been a long old slog!

Have a quiet weekend planned - just me and the dog (no visitors) and I hope to get some serious exercise done - a 5K run and a 1 mile swim. My mini triathlon! I'm useless on bikes though - think my bum is the wrong shape.:o
    My nails are really long and need a good cut, file and shape so thats a fabbing job that must be done and I need a good all over body scrub, defuzz and general tidy up. Will have to write the Xmas cards too as they've started arriving now.

Other than that its a relax and a wodge of 6th form marking to get through along with the usual weekend chores of cleaning, shopping and washing. Looking forward to a bit of me time - although I'll probably be bored by tomorrow.:p
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Options
    TGIF! Quite a hard work week this week - thinking its the gloom and dark mornings that makes me feel a little weary this week.

Well my weekend will be the usual cleaning, washing, collect sale clothes, last ingredients needed for pamper hamper, bit of baking - bread and mince pies, long dog walks and some exercise along with making some more bath products - that might be quite enough for one day! More like two days really!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning all

Well we really are approaching the "deep mid winter", with the murk and gloom, cold dark nights and cold dark mornings. Never mind we're almost at the Solstice now and then, slowly, imperceptibly, Spring will be creeping towards us.

But first, we have the joys of the Festive Season upon us. Now I know that for many, especially us women, it can be a heavy burden with all the shopping and cooking.

But it needn't be, we don't have to be Wonder Woman. The Kids can help dress the tree and put up decorations, help with the mince pies and get involved with the cooking. Our partners can chip in too (Not my OH anymore obviously). We really don't have to do the whole shebang ourselves.

Delegate, delegete, and delegate some more.:rotfl:

Yesterday I had a nice lazy "day off". DS2 ran a few errands for me, I rested on the sofa, curled up with a good book.

It's called "Wage Slave to Financial Freedom" by Neil Mansell. It's only a short book but it's very inspirational. It's about a young man aged 26 at the time, who at an annual performance review was told by his boss he had no chance of ever getting a promotion.

Upset and disappointed Neil decided there and then to do something about it. He studied and worked hard and set up his own business. That was 5 years ago, he could probably buy out his old boss now if he wanted to.:rotfl::rotfl:

I also watched a soppy afternoon film and had a nice long phone call with a friend. I was tired and needed to recharge my batteries. I do feel better for it.

Today I feel rested and energised and raring to go. In a moment I am going to do some serious fabbing - defuzzing, eyebrows, facemask, and a nice long soak in the bath to losen up.

I will of course be visiting OH this afternoon - they have some sort of afternoon concert today. I'm also going to do an hour or so of decluttering - so a nice productive day is planned.

Ladies - you all sound very busy with your "making and doing", home made choccies and home made bath and beauty products.

I won't have time for any of that this year - too busy organising the house move. That has to take priority this year. Something has to give. Like I said I'm not Wonder Woman.:o

Have a great weekend. X
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - well I've started as I mean to go on today.
    Been for a 30 min dog walk and then a 5K run - was surprised at the time I managed, not too bad at all. Thought I'd struggle as I haven't run for a week or two but it was actually ok.

I'm back on the myfitnesspal wagon for the next two weeks starting today - apart from my Xmas do next Friday I have no excuses to not make an effort until my birthday on the 22nd. So, exercise and 1200 cals a day to make sure I don't start the Christmas overeating a month before it actually happens!;)

The rest of the day? A full clean of the house, a trip to the library, whizz round tescos with a little list and a nice long dog walk this afternoon in the sun before it disappears again. Then tonight a sit down with a film. Its payday on Friday and I'm economising until then so no big events this weekend - will spend enough over the next month without unneeded extras before it really gets into the swing of Xmas.

I'll do my nails later and have a nice face and body scrub to make me feel a bit more presentable.

Hope everyone has a good day and makes the most of the sun.
    xx
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Options
    Ta-da! I have finished my Christmas shopping presents, cards, wrap and last few ingredients for bath product making due to start in about an hour or so!

Yipee - only a little food left to get now and use up the savings stamps. I have been very frugal with the cards - 3 family cards for 1£2.97 and 8m of wrap for £2.10 each on an offer 3 4 2 with 2 scented candles as a present for me and mum for Christmas.

Pleased its done as town was mega busy first thing this morning and its not usually at that time.

This afternoon will be a lot of cleaning and I might make it out for a run later this afternoon after I've taken the dog on his longer walk if it stays fine

I collected a sale jacket to day £20 instead of £55 - not too sure - will try it on with a dress later to see what it looks like. Decided the only thing I will buy now for my Christmas do is a new nail varnish in either a deep red or deep plum and no more. Will wear the jacket if I keep it, otherwise I'll wear my other one. It was the price that swung it for me! A black tux style jacket slightly longer line than I expected.

I will also do my nails later as they need some more work and attention as they are still peeling and splitting away after that virus.
    WW - well done on your time - I was surprised at my 8k run time after 2 months off still being more or less the same
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been busy planning and organising my thoughts the last couple of days. I am determined to make things in my life better and have been going through one area at a time and not in any particular order.

We have a wonderful garden that we are hoping will help to feed us over the summer months. Over the last few years our plans have been twarted due to illness so I have drawn up grand plans that can be done bit by tiny bit.

I have been eating better over the last couple of days too and feel better for it. Recently I have been eating too much rubbish and that has to change.

Still continuing with the home organisation and I have all the clothes for the week clean and awaiting ironing. It has made a huge difference to our mornings and is worth continuing with.

Financially I have taken matters firmly in hand and made some tough decisions that I had been avoiding for a long time and it has made me feel a lot more positive about the future. There is a long way to go however I have taken a big step in the right direction.

Now I am going to have a healthy dinner and think about decorating the house with the many many decorations that are piled in he corner of the room.

Thank you so much all of you for being so inspirational :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure