Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ha Cherryprint - love it that the mirror makes hairs look like palm trees! Only today was I thinking about what regular fabbing should I be doing. Maybe we can share our ideas to create a fab fabbling list :D

:heart2: Basics: Bath/shower/cleansed/toned/moisturised (though getting this done some days mind can be a challenge!!)

:heart2: Face: Gentle face scrub / Face mask / Eyebrows

:heart2: Body/hands/feet: Defuzz / Body cream / Gradual tan / Foot cream / Manicure / Pedicure

Anyone ever used coconut oil on their hair as a treatment?
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »

I need a pair of smart jeans to wear for pub lunches and the like. Any recommendations?

Just a quickie to say I bought a nice pair on Sunday from Wallis - dark blue colour, wider leg and a proper bum (IYKWIM) - I'd call them smart jeans for nice tops and visits to the pub etc They were just under £30.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Did manage to go to the "office" and the shop. Had a chat with one of the people who has been trying to get things done at the shop before I volunteered. She was impressed that I had changed the shop around and that the sales were doubled. (thats not hard they were sometimes less then £20 a day!!!). They are willing to purchase a few of the shop fittings that I asked for, to continue to improve the shop, and she is going to see if there are any other shop fittings lurking!. Seeing all the happy smiles from the customers of the Day Centre part really inspired me to get on and make sure I make thier shop work so that we could fund some refurbishments, trips etc for them. Made me put all my niggles behind me.
    I also went to visit a neighbouring charity shop and had a chat with the manager there, getting some valuable information etc, and I felt so much more positive after I had been there.
    I also got compliments from the Mums at the school gate saying that I was looking good, etc. So at least I am still trying and its getting noticed. Which is always nice to get compliments. Not that I get sorted just to get a compliment, but its a bonus.
    My hands however are a complete mess, and the nails etc all broke this week, and I keep getting little splits in my fingers which is not good when I am sewing. I have had to stop my black and white quilt today, as I have managed to split the finger where I push the needle through the fabric, and no matter how I try I cannot manage to use a thimble!!! So no hand sewing until thats heeled as the eye of the needle kept slipping into the cut--- ow! need I say more.
    Its only just after 9pm but I am tired and ready to go to bed. Must remember the hand lotion!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fabbing today has gone reasonably well. I have had my hair cut and coloured and it looks great (if I do say so myself). Now off to do face pack, cleanse and moisturise before bed.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the good wishes, I really appreciate it :grouphug:

LL - I hope the back is easing up a little. Totally agree with you on the clothes front, I used to buy a lot of things just for the sake of it and now it needs to be something that I love, that fits right and that I know I'll wear. I do actually quite like the Per Una range at M&S but I rarely buy it new as I do think it's rather overpriced for what it is - I seem to gravitate towards items from it in the charity shops a lot though :) Think maman's idea of getting food goodies with the vouchers is good - they usually have some nice xmas stuff in.

maman - glad you enjoyed the wedding and got lots of compliments (was sure you would! :D) I keep saying I must start decluttering, but it's such a huge job and I don't have enough hours in the day as it is!

Sparkles - that's a while you've been not so well now isn't it? Trip to the drs maybe? have a *hug* back x

Cherry - I don't have a deadline for it yet, they just said would I be ok to make this change to it, and if so they were happy to offer me a contract for it. Have told them that's fine so when I get the contract through and assigned my offical editor will see then. I'll probably have a look at it this weekend anyway and see what can be 'cut down' so I can fit in the changes, it was borderline wordcount as it was the max was 10k and I could easily have done it as a 15k story so was having to be very tight on it :)

Well instead of being able to have a wee celebrate tonight I'm in on my own as OH as at the concert and had a full synopsis to do (which is probably my most hated part of any submission!). It's starting to feel a bit more like a proper job now - if only I got paid like a proper job for it :rotfl:Hopefully it will happen eventually! Anyway, rough draft of synopsis done so need to polish up both that and my first chapter for submission on Friday. Am a little worried about it as it's to a rather big publisher and since I only found out about it last week I haven't had much time to prepare :( Still, if you don't try you never know! Looking like a busy weekend as well, have the roller derby thing on Sat, possibly either meeting a friend or going to an organised walk on Sunday, and then have to start planning for Nano, look at rewrites for the just accepted one and probably do some bits on one of the wips. Fun, fun! :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ha Cherryprint - love it that the mirror makes hairs look like palm trees! Only today was I thinking about what regular fabbing should I be doing. Maybe we can share our ideas to create a fab fabbling list :D

:heart2: Basics: Bath/shower/cleansed/toned/moisturised (though getting this done some days mind can be a challenge!!)

:heart2: Face: Gentle face scrub / Face mask / Eyebrows

:heart2: Body/hands/feet: Defuzz / Body cream / Gradual tan / Foot cream / Manicure / Pedicure

Anyone ever used coconut oil on their hair as a treatment?

Good list mineallmine. I was only thinking today that I've slathered myself in body lotion after EVERY shower since I came on this thread. To keep it up summer and winter is quite a feat. I notice bratz said she uses coconut oil on her hair.

I think the next phase of your list would be a make up routine and perfume!

Thanks for the Wallis suggestion ww. I used to shop there regularly, especially for work trousers, before I started going to Asda!:rotfl:Seriously it wasn't really a money thing. What happened was when I put weight on I went right off clothes shopping and just fell into the habit of buying essentials when I was getting my groceries. Sad comment about self worth there I think. But no more!!:D
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Bitsy - I usually get it from a shop near me but you can also get it on amazon...the link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Burts-Bees-Super-Grapefruit-Conditioner/dp/B000FL9EGU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351118681&sr=8-1-fkmr1
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2012 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen I have an announcement

I am wearing a dress :eek::eek:

Yes you heard correctly :D I am not even going anywhere :rotfl: no decorating today so I thought instead of fab Friday how about I make it fab Thursday :rotfl:
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen I have an announcement

I am wearing a dress :eek::eek:

Yes you heard correctly :D I am not even going anywhere :rotfl: no decorating today so I thought notepad of fab Friday how about I make it fab Thursday :rotfl:

Go you! Well done bitsy :D

I'm sat here in the same clothes I've had on all week :eek: trying to work out if I feel any better or not - can't tell.

Oh well, not much else to report apart from waiting for an ebay item to finish feeling poorly :(
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2012 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Dresses and body lotion - gosh I've really got to up my game :o

I keep getting a dry (and sometimes spotty) back. So I've bought some nuts and seeds to snack on as I'm thinking I must be a bit low on Omega stuff. Anyone else suffer with something similar? I keep wanting to buy Shea butter as it's natural and supposed to be really good at absorbing into skin. But I do have a few bottles of body lotion to use up before I can justify the spend :p
    maman wrote: »
    Good list mineallmine. I was only thinking today that I've slathered myself in body lotion after EVERY shower since I came on this thread. To keep it up summer and winter is quite a feat. I notice bratz said she uses coconut oil on her hair. I think the next phase of your list would be a make up routine and perfume!
    Totally! Just had a spritz of perfume (a cheap one kept in the cloakroom downstairs) and a dab of cheek blush stick stuff. Now that's a big better
    :T
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills