Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Bitsy - well done on the dress :) I'm in jeans and a hoody you're showing me up! I can't seem to bring myself to dress up much for working the night shift in work (which I am this week) as no-one sees me.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

maman - I do a lot of shopping at Asda, it's a lot to do with not really being bothered with the high street much at the moment though - especially as I usually only have time at weekends and the shops are usually jammed with skinny minny teenagers :rotfl:

Bitsy - go you! :T You're putting me to shame as well. I was going to wear one this week, has been raining the last few days which has been my excuse but this morning was dry, I just couldn't be bothered :o Perhaps I will break one out tomorrow for Fab Friday!

Still slogging on with the submission, trying to do a sneaky bit of polishing on it at work as I'm getting rather worried about lack of time now! Plus one of the things I rather miss about being on the writing courses was having a critique group :( Poor OH, he came in last night about 1.30pm really happy to see me still up, cue me actually realising what time it was and dashing round to bed, and when he said 'at least I get to see you tomorrow' he got back 'you can't be distracting me, I have too much work to do!' Good job he loves me, he's become a writing widow the last week :rotfl:
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dresses and body lotion - gosh I've really got to up my game :o

I keep getting a dry (and sometimes spotty) back. So I've bought some nuts and seeds to snack on as I'm thinking I must be a bit low on Omega stuff. Anyone else suffer with something similar? I keep wanting to buy Shea butter as it's natural and supposed to be really good at absorbing into skin. But I do have a few bottles of body lotion to use up before I can justify the spend :p

Totally! Just had a spritz of perfume (a cheap one kept in the cloakroom downstairs) and a dab of cheek blush stick stuff. Now that's a big better
    :T

:rotfl: trust me the dress is a rarity hence my post ;) I bought it and a knitted skirt a few weeks ago and I've not worn it. I kicked myself up the bum to put it on, can't afford unworn items in my wardrobe :eek:

I can't advise re the back, my spots are generally hormonal :(
    I use coconut oil as moisturiser, edible and cheaper if you can buy it from an Asian supermarket :T
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Please let tomorrow come!
    I'm knackered!

Can't wait for a day off - feel like I've been run over!
    Not like me at all- think I'm just a bit run down from being surrounded by kids and their germs all day.:( Hormones don't help either.

Think a good long bath and a bit of telly with some proper food tonight will help, along with an early night. One more day....

Having my hair cut and coloured on Saturday - really needs doing now, I'm a bit of a two tone shaggy dog at the moment.:o
    Got told I looked "bonny" by an old man I see every day walking the dog - bless him, he must need new specs!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Confession time - I don't even own a dress.:o

WW & Sparkles - hope you both feel better soon. I think we need the forecasted Arctic Blast to kill off some of the bugs. Sparkles - you have been unwell for a while now, what does your doctor say.

Maman - I was really intrigued about your remark about ASDA shopping. It really set me thinking about my attitude to clothes.

I agree - how did we get to a stage where buying clothes became such a chore, something we do whilst loading up the trolley with groceries. I think you are right - it does say something about our self esteem.

Clothes shopping should be more enjoyable than that. Why did I just "give up" like that, when and how did it happen.

There was a time when I would carefully seek out little boutiques and independent dress shops, or I would make my own clothes. I loved being individual and disliked the idea of wearing something that I might see someone else wearing. I wouldn't even shop in M&S or the high street, let alone a supermarket.

I know this seems to be a bit of a pet peeve of mine but I hate the high street now. Yesterday when I went mooching I went into our bright shiny city centre shopping mall and it was horrible. All the shops are practically clones of each other, there is no choice.

Just so depressing so my purse stayed firmly shut.:(

Went to physio today - it was pure torture. Let's hope it was worth it.

Have a great Fab Friday.
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 October 2012 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Morning everyone - for everyone who asked the Dr said 'rest and don't do anything' so I haven't done a thing all week and am going a bit stir crazy as a result! Managed to think ahead and get an appt for Monday as I don't feel any better and just in case I don't have a rapid recovery over the weekend.

I used to buy my clothes at the supermarket too as I didn't like clothes shopping and didn't like trying them on as nothing fitted when I wanted it to and I didn't want to go up a size again. As time went on and I dropped a size down I started to enjoy it more as I started to fit into trousers and jeans again. Then it got more enjoyable as I searched out the bargains in the numerous sales and it also became a nice thing for me and mum to do together and have mosey around the shops having a chat and commenting on the prices and quality and so on.

The clothes are the same in most of the shops and now I tend to rely on where I know fits nicely and suits me - sorry a bit of an m+s fan here but not in everything! Usually in things that are so reduced they are unbelievably tempting!

Not much fabbing going on here apart from sending off an ebay parcel - I'm driving today instead of walking and the usual lounging around feeling bored and not very well.

LL - your house btw? Very nice and neat and tidy ready for sale, well done!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes - my house - should have said.

Good morning everyone.

Just sipping my coffee as we speak. .

Have a great day.

I'm as stiff as a board this morning - hope I loosen up soon.:rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes - my house - should have said.

Good morning everyone.

Just sipping my coffee as we speak. .

Have a great day.

I'm as stiff as a board this morning - hope I loosen up soon.:rotfl:

Your house looks AMAZING LL! It's no wonder that you're feeling stiff and exhausted after all that work. The strain to keep it so immaculate must be immense and the lack of clutter is truly impressive! Well done.:T:T:T

I know you've been in the business but your house looks so on trend. Mine, in comparison, is rather old fashioned (I like to call it 'country house'). I don't mind that as it's a style I've chosen but it doesn't stop me drooling!:)

Sorry you're still not feeling good sparkles. Good idea to make the GP appt just in case. Being overweight (and a bit depressed too if I'm honest) was definitely something that affected my enjoyment of clothes shopping. I'm not anti M&S as such I just don't like the stuff with extra frilly bits or applique. Plain basics I'm OK with although I've never really forgiven them for discontinuing my favourite knickers!:rotfl:

Since your confession yesterday LL;), I've been thinking about dresses. Are you including skirts in that too? That's an area of my wardrobe I've definitely focused on. Strangely, as I started using CSs while I was dropping down size sand experimenting with colour some of my cheap buys have become firm favourites. Not doing much today other than food shopping, I'm wearing Per Una Jeans, fine wool, pale green v-necked jumper and matching (green) real pashmina worn as a scarf. All are CS buys. To mark fab Friday I've taken trouble with my make up. Maybe I should go to Waitrose, Aldi's won't know what's hit them!:rotfl:

Back soon.
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a beautiful house LL. My smack is gobbed by it - where's your clutter?!!!! :) Are you down-sizing/up-sizing?

Feeling very un fab sadly. I think tired, stressed etc. Maybe a nap or bath is in order :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills