Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bratz - gorgeous dress and you look stunning x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys :)
    Had the most fantastic day...best wedding I've ever been too haha!

LL - funny you mention my long hair as to me it still seems to short! Growing it out from a pixie but it's nowhere near as long as I want yet.
    For some (still unknown) reason I decided that since I'd never had short hair I'd get my long-enough-to-sit-on hair cut into a pixie on a whim. Then hated it 5 minutes later :p
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Fab photos Bratz!
    You both look very happy!:)

Another busy day for me - more of the same really - exams are nearly upon us and it will calm down a bit after them hopefullly.

A dress I'd ordered for the Xmas do arrived today - just tried it on and its fits well and the colour is nice (wine) but I'll try it again on the weekend when I'm less hassled and hopefully feel a bit thinner. Its a draped one shouldered top and straight skirt to just below the knee - sounds horrible but its actually quite glam and very party-like - not sure its me so will have a think about it.

3 more get ups to go......
  • Everhopeful09
    Options
    Hello All,

Well got a couple days off work, staying with my sis and niece, not as stress free as I would like as sis got post natal depression and anxiety again. So I've been looking after niece and her, I am emotionally and physically drained. I'm just on edge and not sleeping well, hence medicinal wine!

Seeing an old uni friend and her baby tomorrow so looking forward to that and back to work on Thursday before a friend visiting at weekend. Just a bit busy.

Will catch up with thread soon, those who have posted pictures look gorgoeous!

EH xx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Called by to catch up and saw he lovely pics bratz. You look AMAZING (and MrBratz doesn't look bad either;)). I'm sure looking fab (clothes, hair, make up) all contributed to your great day.:A
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Off to bed in a min so not a proper post - but bratz you looking absolutely stunning, and so happy. Looks like it was a wonderful day x
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WW dress sounds lovely, have a link at all?
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Just a quick one this morning I think (famous last words!). Had a good night at choir last night, we're doing some songs at half time at a roller derby on Sat - not really our usual crowd :rotfl:so we're doing some more rocky songs and trying to be a bit more 'performancey' - it was good fun. Had a few drinks afterwards, ended up stopping much later then I should have done - would probably have been later still tbh but OH's friend was coming round at about 11.15pm so we can to leave to go and meet him (he works closeby and him and OH are going to the concert tomorrow fairly early so made sense for him just to kip over).

Got some news this morning - after you all probably getting sick of me moaning that I haven't heard back on my anthology then finally got an email this morning - and it's a yes!! :j They want me to do a revision on it, but it's actually something I'd been originally planning to include and ran of space for so not too bothered - I just need to think what else I can cut down to make space for it now!

Hope everyone else is having a good day x
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 October 2012 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Good morning all

Wasn't going to post because I've not much news really.

However, just had to say Pod :T:T:j:j on your anthology being published. That is just the most fantastic news. :D

I must say there have been some real good news and some fantastic "feel good" posts on here lately.

Sorry to all those still struggling but hopefully some of the good news posts will help to keep you motivated.

Well I have to say my back is killing me.....

I finally got my act together and struggled into the city to get some Clinique. Let's hope it does the trick on my poor sore face. If not then it will have to be Dermologica.:eek:

I think in future though I will get my supplies on-line. It will be much easier and probably cheaper.;)

I had a mooch round the clothes shops but didn't see anything that took my fancy. I have a £100 M&S voucher but even then I wasn't really tempted. Everything seemed either dull and boring, - endless racks of black or hideous cheap looking garish colours.

Oh dear I'm getting very difficult to please these days clothes-wise. Perhaps I've taken MSE too much to heart but I'm not going to buy something I only feel half hearted about.

The only place I saw anything I liked was in CC (used to be Country Casuals) but the prices. £69 for a so-so jumper and that was with £20 off.:rotfl:

I did buy myself a pretty little watch off the market though - £5.

Mooloo - I do think stress pays a very important role in making our aches and pains worse - it's notorious for causing or aggravating backache.

Mine is really giving me gyp today, I found walking round the shops agony. I really need to do some food shopping but I just can't face it today. I have a physio appt tomorrow, hopefully that will ease things a bit.

Having said that the physio doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment - I'm seriously thinking about a course of acupuncture.

I do find some of the alternative or complementary treatments beneficial. Massage, yoga etc. Heat is my best friend, warm baths, hot water bottles, lavender wheat bags. Cold damp weather (like today) is my big enemy.

Traditional western medicine doesn't offer any solutions other than painkillers. I don't bother with them unless I'm desperate, too many side effects and too addictive.

I've been offered surgery but the prognosis was not good, only a 50-50 chance of success. I was warned it could make things much worse so I decided not to risk it. My BIL went the surgery route and deeply regrets it. He has a lot of scar tissue and is in a lot of pain at times.

So I'm off to have a late breakfast and then rest my back for an hour or so and then just have a quiet day, a bit of ironing and some gentle pottering about.

It's very autumnal here today, misty and murky, everywhere looks very gloomy. A nice day for cooking and baking maybe.

Have a good day.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I believe in hotwater bottles, heat pads and the rest too!. Although I am still on a lot of other medicines. I pay for a massage when i can afford it, but its not regular enough really.
    Should be off out this morning and down to the charity shop etc to see what its doing today, but went to see my friend first, and now I have been catching up on the laptop!
    Just spent far too much money on my bank card, so I will be introuble. Ordering some clothes on line, that are a "bargain bag" from People Tree, and I havent a clue what I will recieve. Its just a goody bag with things they choose in my size. I have done it before and one of the dresses i got, has been my favourite dress and has been so comfy. People also comment on how lovely it is. The T shirts are brilliant quality, and the jewellry quirky. So I decided to take the plunge and put in an order for some more!. So its a watch the space and wonder what I will receive.
    Dressed all in black again today. Really need to dig out some colour to brighten it up.
    Now I have written that I should be off to the shop, I feel more motivated to go. Shall grab a quick packet of crisps before I do go though.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure