Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *snip* 4.) Keep on top of teeth whitening, flossing, exfoliating, moisturising, nose strips, nails, and eyebrows Done - I bought an amazing 15x magnifying mirror with a light (the light in my house is rubbish) and it's made plucking my eyebrows much better
    That mirror sounds good can I be nosey & ask where you bought it from? :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo thanks for that inspirational quote. I hope you become pain free soon. There are lots of really good books about pain which has no physical root so to speak. Louise L Hay's books such as 'You can heal your life' and 'You can heal your body' are good.

There are also many complementary therapies that could be helpful but as always there is no guarantee of a cure. Bach flower remedies are very gentle and work on the emotions, which can often manifest as physical symptoms. Massage could be helpful too but make sure you use an experienced therapist.

I have just got some teaching work for the next few weeks so I am really please about that as it is one of my goals to get back into teaching. Here's hoping this is the start of things to come:j:j.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    allie23 wrote: »
    Mooloo thanks for that inspirational quote. I hope you become pain free soon. There are lots of really good books about pain which has no physical root so to speak. Louise L Hay's books such as 'You can heal your life' and 'You can heal your body' are good.

There are also many complementary therapies that could be helpful but as always there is no guarantee of a cure. Bach flower remedies are very gentle and work on the emotions, which can often manifest as physical symptoms. Massage could be helpful too but make sure you use an experienced therapist.

I have just got some teaching work for the next few weeks so I am really please about that as it is one of my goals to get back into teaching. Here's hoping this is the start of things to come:j:j.

Thanks alli, I will look into that. I have no intention of staying in a pain zone if I can find a way to deal with it, and end it even!.
    I do have a massage when I can afford it, but at £35 a go, its not something I can afford as often as I liked.
    I am all for reading self help books etc, so I will have a go.
    The one that has helped me to cope with so much has been Susan Jeffers, "Feel the fear, and do it anyway!"
    That is a bit American, but the ethos of it has helped me no end.. Along with the last 10 months of councilling. However that finished last week, so I am "on my own" so to speak.

I hope that the teaching goes well. I still think I would like to Teach my sewing on a more formal footing, but as usual the rest of life gets in the way.
    Not looking all wonderful today, feeling really rubbish, but I made myself go to the Charity Shop, and I managed to get a few more changes done, and to increase the sales again today. The lady who I am working for so to speak is really thrilled that things are changing Already she said today. So I am glad that my input is working.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Bratz - am so glad the wedding worked out in the end, I think we may need piccies - am sure you looked lovely :)

Cherry - lol, that reminds me of my work, just when I think it might not be too bad then something happens to remind me just how much I hate it :o Hope you manage to get something else sorted soon x

WW - yay, welcome back :j I was starting to wonder where you'd got to, but thought you might have had something on and I'd missed the posy saying it :rotfl:Woot on the cheque, am debating ringing the tax office tbh, got a rebate the last two years - I shouldn't be due one as I've worked the same job all last year but I'm not convinced as to the competence of our payroll company so might be worth a check maybe.

LL - think it's a good plan to get out there into the 'normal' world more, it can be very isolating caring for someone like you have been - hopefully will be nice to get out more just for you :)

Managed to do a condition on my hair and my cleansing routine last night, plus a bit on the story but not as much as I wanted. Felt really tired - plus my computer kept crashing on me which didn't help - not feeling much better today tbh, no idea what's wrong with my energy levels at the moment! Have choir tonight and we're on an early session so straight from work - plus one of the ladies there is leaving for a few months as she's adopting a child so asked people to go for a drink afterwards - long night I fear :( OH going to a concert tomorrow night in Glasgow so won't be in until late. so guess will have time then to catch up on stuff.
    Hope everyone's having a good day x
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    well LL since you asked so nicely...some pics below :) They're completely huge so apologies in advance!

2012-06-06130755.jpg

2012-06-06124844.jpg

2012-06-06140246.jpg

2012-06-06134831.jpg
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 October 2012 at 5:22PM
    Options
    bratz - you look stunning and everyone looks like they are having a great time. I'm so pleased it all worked out for you.

I love the sparkly bits on your dress and the headpiece you wore. So pretty and so elegant. You looked lovely.

PS and I am sooooo envious of your lovely long dark hair....
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Lovely pictures Bratz.
    Congratulations.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bratz you look fantastic. Love the head piece you wore and it looks like it was a great day.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh Bratz you look gorgeous :T love your dress and your headdress, just stunning. Congratulations :beer:

Sorry I've been out of the loop for so long and not stopping by. Feeling fed up of the endless Declutter and decorating. It's never ending. Ladies take a tip from my hard lesson, keep your houses up to scratch so you don't end up doing what I am!
    I can't say there has been much fabbing per se. I am trying to wear decent clothes when I am not decorating. Haven't been doing any face treatments and as for weight loss.......hmmm less said the better.
    I did however treat myself to a caffiene eye roller and a glittery lip gloss from Aldi.
    Have decided to squeeze in a face mask inbetween the current lull of bedtimes while I snatch a cup of tea at same time.

Sorry I've not replied individually but it seems there are high fives in order on WL and general fab-dom :T

Have a good Tuesday and I will try my best to keep up with the thread :o
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    Bratz you look gorgeous! i love your little headband!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure