What would you do with a dodgy note?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• RealButter
    Options
    Karate wrote: »
    To all those that would try and pass it off to 'large corporate machines'... do you realise that quite often the sales assistant on the checkout is accountable for the money in their till, and if this includes counterfeit notes, it is often deducted from their wages?

I have worked in several retail environments, for large companies, and never been advised that any counterfeit money would come out of my wages, so this is certainly not the case across the board.
  • Karate
    Karate Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    RealButter wrote: »
    I have worked in several retail environments, for large companies, and never been advised that any counterfeit money would come out of my wages, so this is certainly not the case across the board.

I currently work in a retail environment, for a large company, and HAVE been advised that this is the case. It was the case for one of my colleagues a few weeks ago, where a dodgy £20 note was found in his till when cashing up- he was the only person on that till for the duration of the shift, so it could only have been him. It DOES happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure