Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a few question about the update, hope someone can help??

I can't find the 'trash can'?

Can I get rid of the bid vodafone 'discover' square?

If I download apps for texting/keypad how do I make them my default?

Many thanks
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp&hl=en

then Tesco/O2 have not activated mms on your account - thats definate - you need to call them and check it

Thankyou, that was exactly the problem, eventually got them to stop telling me to alter things and told them they needed ot set it up on my account. and they did and it now works!
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Intenso wrote: »

On PC should have a folder called DictFix containing

<DIR> adb
    <DIR> dict
    dictfix-windows.bat
    dictfix-mac.sh
    dictfix-linux.sh

Sub Folder adb contains
    adb-linux
    adb-mac
    AdbWinUsbApi.dll
    AdbWinApi.dll
    adb-windows.exe

Sub Folder dict contains
    mempodroid
    LatinImeGoogle.apk
    args.sh
    LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk

Check you got this first.

EDIT: Also the phone must have an SD card present in it.

Not sure but think this whole process only works on rooted phone

others (incl me) will have to figure out and activate android ADB to write to the database

Thats the only way could fix it anyway
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    adandem wrote: »

Many thanks

If removing from home screens hold down on the app/widget until a little trash can appears bottom left and drag it in.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    If removing from home screens hold down on the app/widget until a little trash can appears bottom left and drag it in.

LOL trash can appear top centre for me (ICS) otherwise same.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • sillygoose
    edited 4 November 2012 at 1:33PM
    Options

Not sure but think this whole process only works on rooted phone

others (incl me) will have to figure out and activate android ADB to write to the database

Thats the only way could fix it anyway

I thought it had worked for you Jethro without root from what you said on Modoco forum?

The point of this is it shouldn't need rooting to do, and I believe you don't need to install adb (for this task it applies more to MAC's) I certainly haven't - yet it run different on my PC to Intenso's so I think its something at Intenso's PC - he gets file not found, it aint going to do much in that case - if nothing else it should run and fail to update so we need to work out why.
  • sillygoose
    Options
    adandem wrote: »

Many thanks

Essentially you don't have to 'replace' existing programs to use, most can co-exist. For example if you install a new keyboard app the others remain then in system settings - Language & Input - keyboard & input method - it will be listed with the others, you can just select it. the icon to the right of each keyboard option takes you into setting for that keyboard app so you can tweak it.

If you install another sms app, you can put an icon on the home screen and use that app, or you can use the original built in sms app - either just acts as a front end interface to the phones SMS records - send an SMS from one app and you will see it in the 'sent' section of the other app etc.
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options

I thought it had worked for you Jethro without root from what you said on Modoco forum?[

it did - mines not rooted so I had to install adb database to do it - maybe an easier way but that's where I ended up
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • sillygoose
    Options
    it did - mines not rooted so I had to install adb database to do it - maybe an easier way but that's where I ended up

ahh thanks... didn't pick up on that. :beer:

So clearly maybe the issue. I rooted, even that had some issues as the superuser app wasn't happy until I use another app to update the 'system' side of it.

Then the dictionary files wouldn't copy into the limited space left in the system folder - until I realised and made some space by removing a couple of system apps (I chose youtube viewer and Google+ never need em)
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iconic wrote: »
    I am pleased you were able to do it. You have given me confidence to have a go. Did you follow this as Sillygoose's link earlier on in this thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/353792-original-factory-roms-from-huawei/

Cannot help you with the apps problem but that's one of the reasons I want to get rid of VF ICS!

Hi

I used the Download link here

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODE=

I had problems with not being able to paste the second dload file to the root of the SD card, but I overcame that by pasting to another folder and dragging it across.

I have been toying with using Sillygoose's method of upgrading to ICS, but after my experience with the official OTA upgrade I will probably stick with GB.

Re my earlier question, do you have to download and install all the apps from the Play Store every time you up/downgrade the phone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure