We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Loans Direct UK [text removed by MSE Forum Team] Processing Fee

Options

Comments

• gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    KennethC wrote: »
    Surely this has to be a lesson to anyone needing cash, stay well clear of these money lenders, one slip and they have got you in their clutches, try a bank or better still a credit union.

One correction to your otherwise valid post.

These are not lenders, they call themselves brokers (or subscription clubs in some cases to try and avoid CCA regulation). They claim to find you a loan from a panel of lenders when in reality all they do is pimp out your details to every bottom feeding lender they can find on Google (legitimate or not).

It is highly unlikey they will find you a loan - if you are in such a financial state that you have to use their services then there is unlikely to be anyone who would consider lending to you any way.
  • leythdave
    Options
    I even instructed my bank not too allow anymore payments to go to this company.
  • gb12345
    Options
    leythdave wrote: »
    I even instructed my bank not too allow anymore payments to go to this company.

That is even better.

When you speak to your bank tell them that you cancelled any Continuous Payment Authority that was in place on XXX date and that under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, they are bound to refund any payments debited after you inform them of the cancellation.
  • gb12345
    edited 22 January 2014 at 11:34AM
    Options
    You seemed to miss the words SUCH AS in my post - you may be happy that your system is safe - it would appear that some of your competitors can't say the same.

Otherwise how would numerous people be receiving texts/emails from Indian scammers after registering with a "broker".

Already done that months ago - the phone still receives the odd text from dodgy firms telling me my loan has been aproved.

BTW I doubt this post will remain as I've reported you for being an unauthorised rep and having your URL as a user name - I suggest you read the rules that you agreed to when you registered.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    poppasmurf_bewdley Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2014 at 11:34AM
    Options
    No, it's the fact that you haven't read the rules. If you had, you'd appreciate that you are breaking them.

Maybe that's something your company doesn't bother about - rules?

I've reported you too, so doubtless your post will be leaving soon.

PS. You are not even a loan site, as you state. You are a loan broker site. Please tell the truth when you try to talk to people.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    poppasmurf_bewdley Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2014 at 11:35AM
    Options
    Sort of sums you up really.

As for the rules on libel, I know them well. Do You?
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • gb12345
    Options
    I don't think I have libeled your "company", if that is who you really represent - you could be any one, which is why MSE insist on validating representatives. In fact - posting in the early hours of the morning is rather strange for a company representative, perhaps you're in a different timezone to the UK (India perhaps?).

Again, repeating myself, you will see that my original post that you quoted said "such as" - I never said your site was referring people to advanced fee scammers, but there is evidence that sites like yours are not exactly careful with what they do with their leads.

You could contact the Forum Team and ask to be given representative status - but I'm guessing that you wont bother as we have had people claiming to be representatives of "broker" sites here before and they never seem to make the effort to be legit.

Nope - 100% true. The riddiculous fake name and non-existent address that I used doesn't seem to stop some me from qualifying for a loan (excellent credit checking in action there from some of your partners).
  • gb12345
    Options
    Wow that's quite some improvement in finances in the last year, since the 2012 accounts showed assets of £3,500 :rotfl:.
  • gb12345
    Options
    What a delightful attitude to your company's customers - rather sums up your business model doesn't it.
  • tarmstrong_2
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've stumbled across this and many other threads whilst doing some research on the company Loans Direct. I myself have fallen victim to what they call the 'membership fee' and I am currently in the process of claiming a refund, which I feel is a convoluted, unclear and laborious process to say the least.

It was only upon calling their customer service number for the 10th time, and requesting a full refund that I became just a little suspicious. It almost seemed that their agents are schooled not to commit to confirming that a full refund would be applied, which got me googling and found this lengthy thread.

Having read through some of the experiences of others, I called again this afternoon to place a few things on record. Namely to clarify the refund process and also that all calls are allegedly monitored or recorded, yet not once had I been advised of this, another legal requirement. I hope that the process for receiving a full refund of the £69.75 fee in my case will be simple and straightforward. However, I have prepared myself that this may not be the case. In this instance, and being off work for a number of weeks next month, I have set aside plenty of time to scour every forum and collate a database of all those who feel their case for a refund has not been fully satisfied. I will forward my own case details to the FSA and trading standards and will use every social media platform and forum I can find to make the public aware of the situation, the name of the company involved and all those linked to it. I will also contact all local & national newspapers and BBC watchdog until I can see that the story is being picked up and gaining publicity. Basically, I will dedicate myself to ensuring that within the bounds of the law, the public are acutely aware of the 'processes and policies' of this and other such organisations.

In the meantime, I look forward to getting a satisfactory reply in relation to my refund request and will update you all as to its progress.

Regards, Tony.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family