We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Loans Direct UK [text removed by MSE Forum Team] Processing Fee

Options

Comments

• Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    wildmill wrote: »
    Hello can i ask if loansdirect uk have 100% money back guarantee.as said above.?? I have had money taken from loansdirectuk and they claim they dont do refunds even tho no services have been excepted of them.
    Thank you
    You have a 0% probability if you don't actually try.
  • wildmill
    Options
    I have written and also emailed them and have only been offered less than half the amount of money they took.. As i am aware tho under section 155 of the consumer credit act they must pay a redund less the £5 fee.. I keep getting replyes stating they arr a membership service yet i thout as website claims they have a consumer credit licence so i thout they had to abide by the consumer credit act... As i read above on the first reply to this add from an official reply they offer a 100% money back guarantee. I just dont see how they have a right to call them selfs a membership servive with a consumer credit licence and not abide by the rules in place for refunds
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have written and also emailed them and have only been offered less than half the amount of money they took.. As I am aware tho under section 155 of the consumer credit act they must pay a refund less the £5 fee.. I keep getting replies stating they are a membership service yet I thought as website claims they have a consumer credit licence so I thought they had to abide by the consumer credit act... As I read above on the first reply to this add from an official reply they offer a 100% money back guarantee. I just dont see how they have a right to call themselves a membership service with a consumer credit licence and not abide by the rules in place for refunds

Do everything in writing, dont email.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    gb12345 wrote: »
    Send them a letter of complaint demanding the refund of your £68. If after 8 weeks they haven't refunded (or they come back sooner and refuse to refund) refer them to the FOS.

I can't be bothered to type it again.
  • pjay1892
    Options
    hi please help me

i as many of you signed up to get loans with so many companies i dont even know which company took this out of my account.
    the company is called CASH LOCATOR is anyone aware of who these are and how i can contact them please.
    i need this cash they took out to pay another pay day company.
    £67.74 was the amount.

thanks in advance
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    pjay1892 wrote: »
    i need this cash they took out to pay another pay day company.
    You are running head first into a financial disaster. You can't borrow your way out of debt.
  • wildmill
    Options
    Hi as you can see above i to have been thru this. So ive come to advise you all what to do. These firms offer a membership sceme so they seem to say section 155 of the consumer credit act doest apply but as they hold a consumer credit licence they must abide when when asked by a consumer company i.e the ombidsmun who make sure people dont get ripped of..
    Find the details you need from the webpage thats taken youre money and send them a letter asking for a full refund to be clear in the bank by 10 fays as stated in there terms some companys do 30 days so please read the terms.. Await responce if not happy wth the outcome rind the ombidsmun who can be found by google. Explain to them and they will send the company a letter.
    That should be the end of case with a full refund in the bank. I have learnt the hard :rotfl:way like many of us not a nice place to be..
  • Chunky007
    Options
    Hi as you can see above i to have been thru this. So ive come to advise you all what to do. These firms offer a membership sceme so they seem to say section 155 of the consumer credit act doest apply but as they hold a consumer credit licence they must abide when when asked by a consumer company i.e the ombidsmun who make sure people dont get ripped of..
    Find the details you need from the webpage thats taken youre money and send them a letter asking for a full refund to be clear in the bank by 10 fays as stated in there terms some companys do 30 days so please read the terms.. Await responce if not happy wth the outcome rind the ombidsmun who can be found by google. Explain to them and they will send the company a letter.
    That should be the end of case with a full refund in the bank. I have learnt the hard :rotfl:way like many of us not a nice place to be..

Hi windmill - can you please advise me if you have received a refund from loan direct yet? And did you have to go through the ombudsman to gain a refund?
  • wildmill
    Options
    Hello i sent loans direct uk a letter in the post giving them 10 days to refund as stated in there terms. They will send you a message saying a refund of£34 has been processed please allow 5 to 7 working days to clear. At that point of reciving that text i contacted the ombudsmun about aweek later i recived a text stating a refund of £35.75 has been processed.. Bang thats me back with my money and them not ripping me of. I advise to do the same
  • notstupid
    notstupid Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, this is the first time I've used a forum, and I couldn't work out how to post a new thread, so I'll reply in this one as it is closest to my subject matter.

Today my husband was called by a company called wizard loans, they got his details from quick loans, which he joined, so fair enough so far.

A man called Mr Martin with a thick Indian accent explained he could borrow £2000 as long as he paid the insurance payment of £100. He was obviously really pleased as he hasn't found a loan yet, but he doesn't have experience with this type of thing at all, massive alarm bells were ringing for me though.

I called them back on the number they gave 0161 818 7505 to ask some questions. He told me that wizardloans were the lender and that he would send my husband the loan agreement by email.

The agreement did come by email, from a Yahoo dress, all of the loan details were typed into the body of the email, and they had attached their terms and conditions, but not a wizard loans logo in site.

The real wizardloans are not a lender but an agent, but clearly state on their website that they do not take upfront fees. This mob are pretending to be them, and they will probably be using other legitimate companies as cover too.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get the word out and warn against these people, I'm not used to doing stuff like this, but I'm so angry!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport