Wedding Tips start here...

Options

Comments

• november
    november Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Oooooooooo I shall have to look into that. You mean its like a free £50 voucher? Is it dependant on any of the guests actually buying a gift from Debenhams?
    I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    november wrote:
    Oooooooooo I shall have to look into that. You mean its like a free £50 voucher? Is it dependant on any of the guests actually buying a gift from Debenhams?

Yes, it's basically a £50 Debenhams Gift Voucher (but on a plastic card). It's not dependent on anybody buying anything because we only set up our list yesterday and we were given the gift card as we left.

Haven't tried to use it yet, but can't see any terms and conditions to state that there are any limitations to its use or anything. It seems like an excellent wedding freebie!

I also spotted some ivory sandals in there whilst going through the shop with our wedding list scanners. I'm going to go in next week and see if I can buy them with the gift card. :j
  • november
    november Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    jo_b wrote:
    Yes, it's basically a £50 Debenhams Gift Voucher (but on a plastic card). It's not dependent on anybody buying anything because we only set up our list yesterday and we were given the gift card as we left.

november adds 'Go to Debenhams' onto planning list
    I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
  • Tondella
    Tondella Posts: 934 Forumite
    Options
    Money savers, how about checking out Asda's George's new wedding range?
    http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=108802006
    Debt Oct 2005: £32,692.94
    Current debt: £14,000.00
    Debt free date: June 2008
  • pookie
    pookie Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know how much it costs to get a wedding dress dry cleaned?? it's a bit ahead of time but while i'm working out the cost i might as well throw everything in! the george dress looks lovely tondella, by the way. if only they'd got them out earlier...
    :A
  • julybride
    Options
    My dress to be cleaned was £70 and i really couldn't find it cheaper. That was a local shop. I could have paid an extra £40 and had it placed in a special box that helps preserve the fabric.

If you spill anything try and get it to them within 24 hours as they then stand the best chance of getting out the stain. For this reason avoid supermarket dry cleaners as they take a few days!
    julybride

DFD 18th Dec2007 :D We did it!!!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,034 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think it does depend on what your dress is made of and how much beading etc it's got on it. I've got to get mine cleaned before I wear it as it's a shop sample with a few marks on. I've been quoted £175 to clean before the wedding and another £50 to clean again after. Thats on a silk and organza with gold embroidery. Some places will try and charge a percentage of the cost of the dress, or so I've been told.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • allie226
    allie226 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Just out of interest, I was wondering whether Jo_B has been in to Debenhams to use her voucher yet?

Allie
    xx
    £160 in £2 coins saved so far!
    Wedding went off ok (phew!), saving up for autumn holiday and house move now!
  • gixxerchick_2
    Options
    We've been planning our wedding as cheaply as pos, we set aside a budget and are well below it, i got my dress on ebay, it's a sample dress, by amanda wyatt and there's nothing wrong with it, believe me iv'e looked!! I also got my tiara, favour bags-which are doubling up as balloon weights too,( they wanted £1.50 for each balloon weight in a certain card shop, and we need 20 of them), Our son's suit, flower hair grips, my shoes. I got ties from matalan, ( they were in half price in the sale- bonus!). We've booked a registry office and hired a room for the evening, doing all our own catering too, using oh dad's car as wedding car, ooh got my car ribbons of ebay too!!£3.25 inc p&p and they've got allsorts of colours, you get 6 metre ribbon and 3 bows.
    A good friend of my sister is doing the photo's for us- she studied photography and said she'd do it for free- another bonus!! oh mum is paying for cake- more bonus!!
    Got my flowers and button holes reasonably cheap too.All that's left to sort out now are the balloons and banners. I heard that costco are selling helium cannisters for around the £20's or so mark, so might be giving ebay another nod on balloons!!!
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport