Wedding Tips start here...

1273274275276277279»

Comments

• Katiebride wrote: »
    Hey

Just wondered if could ask a quickie?

Do you just turn up on the day at the Market? For example I want 60 single roses for my tables, do you think that amount would be available? I'm not very good with flowers & don't know how long they last, I mean do you get them the morning of your wedding or the day before?

Hope you can help

Thanks

I was in Morrisson's on Sunday and tehy had a lovely boquet of red roses I imagine it was a dozen, they were only £5 and looked lovely! I decided for my wedding I wanted Sunflowers and red roses so I'm going to try growing the Sunflowers myself and when I saw the roses I figured they would be perfect, maybe worth a thought?
  • Hey all!

Im new to this so please bear with me :D

Me and the OH are getting married July 2013 and here's what we have done so far...

1) Booked the venue

2) Invitations all day and evening and this is the text we used..

Because your love and friendship have made us who we are,

And because you enjoy alcohol and food as much as we do.

Doors open for guests to arrive at midday.

Wedding ceremony begins at 1 p.m.

Ceremony followed by dinner, drinks, and awkward but enthusiastic dancing.

We also paid abit for our invitations but they were very unique and i would definetly recomend the company if you would like personalised invitations. The website is called scrollweddinginvitations dot com and are based in india

3) Booked registrar

4) Brought my wedding dress

5) Booked the dj

6) Hair is being done by a friend, cake is also being done for free by a friend.

7) 2 bridesmaides dresses have been made by my future mother in law which is only costing us £60-£80 each in total. 2 more to go. We found the flower girls dress in a charity shop for £20 its perfect.

Any money saving tips on the rest i need to do?

Already considering making my own flowers or buying off of ebay.

Just stressing about money and i don't have any family capable of helping us therefore we are doing this all on our own and might have to get a credit card to help. GRRRR :mad: didnt want to do this but with health and money complications we might just have to.

Therefore the more money we save the better.

Sorry for rambling hope people can help!!!:p
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    why not go and join the board for the july 2013 brides they have loads of great tips
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • WildeToBe wrote: »
    Hey all!
    Any money saving tips on the rest i need to do?
    You could enquiry at your local universities about getting a student photographer to do your wedding photos.

I'm very lucky that my bro is a photographer and have friends that are also photographers for me to select to do my wedding. However when my brother was doing his photography degree, he did a few wedding shoots for people who enquiried at his uni.
  • Peccary
    Peccary Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I really wanted to have a string quartet but couldn't justify the prices i was quoted. I placed a advert in the bulletin of the local, very prestigious music school stating what i was willing to pay and had loads of offers!
  • sj999
    sj999 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Here is another website with money saving hints and tips -

http://www.cheap-wedding.net
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    There is now a new and more up to date Wedding Tips thread here.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure