Radish & Hooch - The BIG house MF journey

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow Radish, you are powering through this mortgage! Great weight loss too, very motivating.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Brilliant weight loss xxx

Happy New Year

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant weight-loss and i too would love to meet a sloth :)

Cant wait to see pics.
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First month the year nearly over :eek:

Been quite a spendy month as I have bought a new to me car (its the newest car I have ever owned :)), so this should do me for the next 5 years, so car fund not quite empty as I got more for my old one than I expected. Downsize is I had the car fund added into the mortgage neutral cell on my spreadsheet, so that number now looks further away from zero

BF has chucked £700 at the mortgage yesterday (maybe I should have asked for more expensive Christmas presents) so that puts us just under £55K

Have booked to go away for Easter weekend, near to where BF sister lives, so currently planning what to do when we are there

Lost another 4lb in January, which is a nice surprise as all we seem to have eaten is cheese and crackers left over from Christmas. Luckily BF is demolishing all the chocolates that we were given while I stick to just liquorice.

No de-cluttering has been achieved, I have sorted two bags of clothes that can go but I won't count these until they have left the premises.
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Radish72
    Options
    Wow this year seems to be just flying by.........

Mortgage is having what ever we can find, thrown at it so as from yesterday it was just under £48K, so we are nearly on target to make this year goals, think short by about £900

This could have been achieved but we decided to have a week in Italy, which was beautiful (and ruined weight loss plan but was so worth it)

So bit more weigh lost/de-cluttered since New Year. 10 lbs+Italy has given an overall weight loss of 7lbs, but back on plan as going to a wedding in July, and a bit more of the saddle bags will make my dress sit better

Due to above wedding, attended the hen do last weekend in rainy Scotland, think I'm still recovering as all week I have been in bed by about 10 if I haven't fallen asleep on the sofa at 8

Have also been buying lots of new clothes, holiday dresses, shorts, tops, outfit for wedding, but to counter balance this 3 bags of clothes have gone to the charity shop and I have another two to take next weekend whilst BF is on the stag do

So all in all, life is good :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Great efforts on the weightloss. x
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Radish!!! I'm back on DFW boards (don't ask :o) I've been keeping an eye out for you and here you are!!

You are an absolute machine with the mortgage reduction well done :T when I was last here you and your BF were in separate houses and we're trying to sell, so much has happened!!

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Radish72
    Options
    Mortgage news - a pipsqueak under £45K, well on target to hit this year goal so I keep changing the goal and telling BF that we are not on target :)

Finger crossed that we can be rid by Christmas 2020 :xmassmile

Weight loss has stalled bouncing between the same 5 lbs but have been to lots of social outings (drinking) including friends wedding last weekend which was absolutely amazing, represented them both perfectly

Did finally manage to take two bags of clothes to the charity shop yesterday, hanging around since May, paid in £21 in slummy to the bank and yes it has already been OP'ed

Not sure what to do today, thinking of chilling out but the weather looks really sunny so contemplating a walk, weather did give rain though.
  • Radish72
    edited 23 August 2019 at 5:36PM
    Options
    I can't believe I haven't posted for two whole years

But this week we became mortgage free, 7 years to the day of when we bought the house

Can't quite believe its gone, already missing my spreadsheet
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done!
    :beer::j:T:dance:_party__party_:dance::T:j:beer:
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure