Radish & Hooch - The BIG house MF journey

Options

Comments

• Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    I love an ironing mountain - guilt free radio 4 listening.

Ironing mountain nearly defeated, in two attempts whilst listening to Radio 1 (dinner break in between and a nap)

Hotel booked to go and see my God-daughter in her final year performance for Uni in May, so that will be a nice break from work
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done. And awesome OPs.
  • Radish72
    Options
    March total OP's came to £665.40 so March knocked a month of the end date

Have made a cell on the spreadsheet, which shows interest saved due to overpaying, currently sitting at the £46K mark :) which means total interest to be paid sitting at £18K mark. I like watching one increase and other one decrease

April payments so far
    £25.54 03-Apr

TT of the joint account

Feel in the mood for de-cluttering/cleaning but need BF for this as its mainly his stuff he has dumped in the dining room, but he has gone to do the weekly food shop, so currently having a break

Also feel in the mood for some sun, currently watching the rain fall and the grass grow longer and longer, I really want to start sitting outside

Next weekend great god-daughter and god-daughter are coming over for a sleep over, so getting excited for that :)
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Bum. Just lost my post being in awe of your overpayments!
  • Radish72
    Options
    And as usually de-cluttering has turned into an argument (quite heated) :(
  • Radish72
    Options
    3 weeks since my last confession

Money news
    £14.89 14-Apr
    £8.85 22-Apr
    £350.00 23-Apr

I think consisted of 2 TT's and a moment madness from my account, some which was left over from my car MOT & Service as it didn't cost as much as I thought it might

Had God-daughter and Great God-daughter stay for a weekend, lots of fun and laughter and cuddles with the both of them. Think I might have persuaded God-daughter to give college a go in Sept as she would get free child care.

Survived Easter (no chocolate consumed) as it seemed to consist of eating out and drinking beer:)

Have been for 2 lovely walks in the sun, one last weekend and one today. Today's was an impromptu one after taking a car load of old kitchen to the tip, so a very pleasant 3 mile walk along the canal

Spent this afternoon gardening for a hour or two, so I'm now admiring my arm where the sun has caught it, I'm hoping it wont go brown as the other arm will be white :)

Now I'm going to ponder about "Is it OK to drink a glass of wine on technically a school night" but it would be MSE to not waste the open bottle, plus BF is currently cooking tea which smells like Nasi Goreng which could benefit with a side dish of Rose

Decisions, Decisions :D
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    I looovvee Nasi Goreng.
  • Radish72
    Options
    Beginning to think I haven't got the hang of this dairy stuff, since it was April since I last posted. Were is the year going

April ended up with an total OP of = £399.28
    May = £401.09
    June = £360.38

July is currently sitting on £24 but is turning out to be an expensive month, mainly for BF as he has bought a new to us car, as his other car was starting to cost far to much money to repair

Holiday has also been paid for so only about 9 weeks to go before we are sunning ourselves in Mexico

I think the mortgage could be around £92K but I'm not sure, but I do no, we have wondered of the path of paying it back in 10 years and have lots of nice stuff to do in the coming months that will cost money

October is already officially full, with 2 birthdays, 1 hen do over 2 nights, 1 wedding and 1 christening, which also involves going to church before to meet the vicar as we are God-parents. Thankfully not the Sunday after the hen do :)
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Holiday sounds fabulous.
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Radish! :wave:

I too am just back after not having time to come on here since the Easter holidays. Hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills