Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2015 at 8:05AM
    Options
    So the latest figures were

£519.71 May
    £608.09 Jun

and currently the mortgage is sitting a smidge over £78K

New bathroom has been purchased (well deposit) and plumber booked for end of August, so finally after 3 year of living in this house. I will get a swanky en-suite and not have to put up with the horrible, slightly mouldy one anymore

Best news since the last post, is my oldest god-daughter has moved from Swansea to back home, so now she is only 20 miles away. Took her and her boyfriend to IKEA for some house stuff, impressed that they had a budget and stuck to it, and then we ruined it all by giving them £100 as a house warming present, cue tears (happy ones) from her at the till :)

Also spent a bit of money - lots of meals out with friends, bought some new clothes, couple of pub crawls, all using the excuse "hey its summer"

Counting the days till our holiday, just over 7 weeks to go, can not wait as mentally exhausted from work being manic (many project deadlines) and the thought of not having a day off until mid Sept makes me want to cry, as weekends are just to short to catch up with sleep/housework :rotfl:

Hoping BF has booked me a full body massage for my birthday (actually want a spa weekend but we will see) as my upper body is currently falling apart/aching due to all the work I'm doing

Lasy day today, off to the cinema to see Antman later and I'm going to spend the rest of the day on the sofa with a book, enjoying the fact that the ironing basket is EMPTY :T
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How lovely that you are able to bless the young couple in that way. X
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Those three years have flown by. What a lovely Godmother you are :)

Best wishes Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Radish72
    Options
    Another birthday done and dusted, has a lovely day/night at a hotel/spa. One full body massage, undid lots of knots in my shoulders and back, then a nice sleep, quick 20 lengths in the pool, Jacuzzi, hot stone bed thing and then back to the huge hotel room, to shower, change, ready for a 3 course meal with a cheeky bottle of wine, and then a few drinks at the bar. Then the zoo the following day to complete a lovely weekend.

Money news since last update, think we are hoovering around the £77K and on Thursday we celebrated 3 years in the house

£242.32 July
    £241.75 August (so far)

En-suite gets ripped out tomorrow, so expecting a week of dust, not sure why I have spent today cleaning all the dust up, looking forward to sleeping in another room
  • norfolkdream
    Options
    I cant believe its been 3 years in the house, I think the last time I read your thread you had just bought it! Obviously I have been in hiding but back out again, trying to get back on the MSE way and get this mortgage gone so I can start all over again in a much nicer place ;)
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your birthday weekend sounded fab! Hope en-suite work isn't too disruptive, the mess and dust will be worth it.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    DS would admire your hoovering . *winks*
  • Radish72
    Options
    DS would admire your hoovering . *winks*

And this is why - I was sacked from my proof reading job :p
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Not really?!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi Radish, just read your diary and I'm mega impressed with how well you balance enjoying life and OPing!! Amazing!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure