September's Sassy Seven Pound Club

Options
The_Dragon
The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
edited 30 September 2012 at 4:15PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Well done to everyone who completed the previous challenges :j, and a warm welcome to all newcomers! (if I forget to put you on the first page list - nag at me until I do :rotfl:, oh and you don't have to let anyone know your starting weight unless you really want to!)

Here goes for another half stone challenge! Don't think of how much you'd like/need to lose, just focus on losing those 7lbs for September! See, it doesn't seem so bad, does it :D

This is a useful site for tracking your weight, food etc

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php or some people like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

You set up your own target by inputting weight, height, how active your lifestyle is, and any medical conditions. Then each day you keep a food diary by inputting what you eat, and also an activity log. The site works out your calories for input (food) and output (activity). The idea is that you keep the input between 500 and 1000 cals below the output, but without dropping below the minimum food cals set by the site for your lifestyle etc. And best of all the calorie count site is free!

If you're interested sign up here and lets help each other :T

Remember - It's 2012 and we will soon be Svelte! :D

September's 7 lb club members

1. The Dragon (sw 299.6 lb) ... - 0.4 lb
2. Gillian0808 ... 0 lb
3. sexyshark ... 0 lb
4. Retire at 50 ... 0 lb
5. COMP ... 0 lb
6. Time to get up and go ... 0 lb
7. meg72 ... 0 lb
8. ellay864 (sw 150.5 lb) ... - 0.5 lb
9. Melonade ... 0 lb
10. lilmisskitkat ... + 1 lb
11. Emmarillo ... 0 lb
12. Save Dosh (sw 141 lb) ... 0 lb
13. Caz3121 (sw 161 lb) ... 0 lb
14. fingersxed (sw 176.8 lb) ... - 0.8 lb
15. marmiterulesok (sw 165 lb) ... - 0.88 lb
16. Hepburneyes (sw 162.5 lb) ... 0 lb
17. alison39 (sw 147 lb) ... 0 lb

Group total loss 0 stone and 1.58 pounds :dance:
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
:p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p

Comments

• gillian0808
    gillian0808 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2012 at 8:53AM
    Options
    Hi Dragon and all those who are following!

Please may I join you?

I'm fed up with feeling rubbish about my shape and ashamed of the amount I eat. (some of it secretly which is a whole other worry).
    I think I have about a stone and a half to lose and will weigh myself and add this later as I think seeing it onscreen may spur me on.

OMG! 10 stone.

I have done SW very successfully in the past but the last time I joined SW was in danger of giving me my money back until I lost 0.5lb in the fourth week as I lost the weight sooooooooo slowly. I gave up in the end.

I have read back over a lot of the previous challenges and think you are all amazing so here I am, ready and willing to go for it tomorrow.

Gill0808
    Skint!! But hey, L:heartpulsves FREE!!

• The_Dragon
    Options
    Hi Dragon and all those who are following!

Please may I join you?

I'm fed up with feeling rubbish about my shape and ashamed of the amount I eat. (some of it secretly which is a whole other worry).
    I think I have about a stone and a half to lose and will weigh myself and add this later as I think seeing it onscreen may spur me on.

I have done SW very successfully in the past but the last time I joined SW was in danger of giving me my money back until I lost 0.5lb in the fourth week as I lost the weight sooooooooo slowly. I gave up in the end.

I have read back over a lot of the previous challenges and think you are all amazing so here I am, ready and willing to go for it tomorrow.

Gill0808

Glad to have you on board Gillian (and I hope we can spur you on :D)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • sexyshark
    sexyshark Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    count me in again please as my weight is slowly creeping up
    Sealed pot member 095 SPC No 7 £578.32
    sealed pot No 8 Target £750 TOTAL £1059.86:j
    sealed pot no 9 Target £1200 TOTAL £1073.38:cool:
    sealed pot no 10 Target £1200 TOTAL £1209
    sealed pot No 11 target £1250 total £TBC
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    sexyshark wrote: »
    count me in again please as my weight is slowly creeping up

Will do sexyshark
  • Retire_at_50
    Options
    Me too please! I return to work after over a year on maternity leave on the 3rd Oct. I need to lose 7lbs in September!

Ra50
    Mortgage
    Dec 2011 - £115,000 (252 months left)
    August 2012 - £112,558.31 (244 months left)
    December 2013 - £91,700 (132 months left)
  • clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    Me too please! Not sure what I weigh at the moment, but half a stone off would be great!
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Me too please! I return to work after over a year on maternity leave on the 3rd Oct. I need to lose 7lbs in September!

Ra50
    Me too please! Not sure what I weigh at the moment, but half a stone off would be great!

Got you both! and hopefully now the summer is over (or not even started!) we can all settle down for concerted weight loss!
  • Count me in please, staff back from holidays next week so hopefully back to normality and regular working hours which hopefully means being a bit more organised!
    I have 3stone to lose but 7lb seems doable, I think I've focused on the whole amount in the past and just became defeated!!
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Would love to join but does it have to be7lbs, I have been dieting for sometime now and losing 1lb a week, first stone gone, 1 and a half to go, so can I join and only lose my pound a week.
    Slimming World at target
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Count me in please, staff back from holidays next week so hopefully back to normality and regular working hours which hopefully means being a bit more organised!
    I have 3stone to lose but 7lb seems doable, I think I've focused on the whole amount in the past and just became defeated!!
    meg72 wrote: »
    Would love to join but does it have to be7lbs, I have been dieting for sometime now and losing 1lb a week, first stone gone, 1 and a half to go, so can I join and only lose my pound a week.

Welcome in board both of you - and don't worry meg72 - 7 pounds is just a gauge - some months I am lucky to lose at all :o, so just let me know how you do (you won't get chucked out for not losing the whole 7lbs - trust me!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport