Trying for a Baby Part 8

Options

Comments

• clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    Huge hugs lilymay xxxxxxx
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • time2deal
    time2deal Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2012 at 12:53PM
    Options
    Tea lover - congrats on the Cross hairs! What does it actually look like - piccie?

Birdie - I never actually measured myself. I just estimated. It was only when I saw on the test summary that the goal weight they had for me was 62kg that I realized it must be wrong. I vaguely remember the 60kg's in my early teens! I'm even taller actually - they measured me at 5'8" at the clinic. The FS was looking at the old results and said that I had clearly lost weight, as I didn't look like a BMI 34/35. Something nice said about my weight!! That was a welcome surprise. :)

She then gave me the - well, you really should be below 30 BMI - but was so nice about it, and not stressful, that I feel like I can do it. The pressure of losing weight is so much that I seem to end up stress eating - so if I can calm a little and give myself breathing space maybe I can lose the weight better. But as it's private they will continue with all other tests without me having to wait.

Tinks - feeling so sad for you. Sending as much support as we can offer via cyberspace. Looking forward to your happy posts returning when you feel ready to try again.

Lilymay - huge hugs for lots of stress for you at the moment.

AFM, as I mentioned this morning was my FS appointment. They did an internal ultrasound which showed that everything looked normalish. One small fibroid which she said was fine as it was small and out of the way. Said my lining looked normal and thick enough (something that worried me with my short AF), and that I had ovulated on the right side this month.

She did say though that she only saw 4 egg (somethings) and there would normally be 5-6 for someone my age. It's something that shows your biological age. It means I could be a little closer to menopause than I should be. But, it's just one of a few indicators, and as it's a snapshot in the month it could mean nothing. Also she said some people always have lower levels which stay like that for a long time, and some people have higher levels, only to have all fertility disappear in 6 months. So... not sure what to take from that. I think nothing for the moment - they are doing another test.

But, for the moment, there is nothing that looks wrong. Hormone levels are right, no visible blockages, I am ovulating regularly and weight isn't too much an issue, although it could be better. OH went to his GP today and will drop off a SA 'sample' next week, and once we have those results it may be time to discuss next steps.

(Part of me was still expecting her to say - 'oh look, I can see the egg has implanted', but sadly she didn't. I'm not even sure if that would have been visible, but you still hope)

I admit I got a little teary at the appointment when they asked anything about how I feel. I think of myself as such a strong person, but as soon as someone tries to ask me how I feel about TTC i realize I am on the cusp of tears almost immediately. I think I am hiding quite a lot of stress, and I really should think about how to deal with it. The FS appointment comes with a counseling session, which I may take up. I'm just embarrassed as I know it will simply be me ending up in a heap of tears with a stranger! I can deal much easier with all the tests and medicine, but the stress and heartache is starting to build up.

Thank god for you lot, or I'd be going bonkers with noone to talk to!
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Options
    all sounds positive T2D, and i was the same when i had my HyCoSy i was desperately hoping she'd say 'oh we can't do it, there's a baby in there' lol
    I found it easier to cry and reveal my true feelings to a counsellor as then you can just get up and walk away and no one knows what's been said or done. plus, and i know this sounds strange, her being paid to talk to me made it easier cos then i could just blather on for an hour and not worry about boring her or being polite x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • rumfeeble
    rumfeeble Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    I agree TeamLowe I have spoken to a counsellor before and the fact that she was being paid to listen to me meant I could really let it all out and not worry that I could be gossiped about later which is sometimes the case with friends and family.

Im looking at buying a clearblue fertility monitor... anyone seen any at a good price?.... is it a bit ikky to buy something like that off ebay?... what do you think?
    If at first you dont succeed, try, try again
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been away for a couple of days so will try to catch up tonight, but a quick glance over the thread makes me think *hugs* may be needed all round
  • QQuaver
    QQuaver Posts: 8,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haven't finished reading back yet but so far:

Lily the legend, :rotfl:
    at your DH practicing his SA on a tupperware:D
    Trina, how are you?
    Skintchick, great to see you:wave: Glad they found out the reason for your mcs (((hugs))).
    littleme, I'd keep on testing and BDing:o
    TeamLowe, norethisterone does make you eat doesn't it:rotfl:
    Hope it'll reset everything:)
    Firefly, glad you got the balls rolling with your FS. Hope it means you are on their list and are OK age wise:)
    Hopelass, hope the BD on your DH's birthday will be the best present ever:)
    Squirrels, (((hugs))) for BFN. You are still in for a chance though:o
    Time2deal, how was your appt with the FS?
    PommeVerte, massive hugs for AF:(
    smiley_hug.gif
  • RazWaz
    RazWaz Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    I did test but it was pretty inconclusive. There was a tiny super super faint line but I'm not sure if it was a shadow or not. Anyone used morrisons tests before? With the first one not working I'm wondering if the second was a dud too.

I'll try again when I get home tomorrow, got about 10 ICs and 2 Digis waiting for me :D
  • QQuaver
    QQuaver Posts: 8,444 Forumite
    Options
    Tinkwings!!! Massive massive (((((hugs))))) for your mc:(
    I don't have any quotes or words of wisdom, but you are in my thoughts.
    lilymay, virtual hugs sent your way (((hugs))).
    Hope your SIL is going to be OK.
    Time2deal, glad everything was OK:) I cried at my first FS appt:o
    As for the eggs, the count is not as important as quality:cool:
    Good luck for the SA.
    rumfeeble, the pee doesn't touch the machine, so it's fine to buy CBFM off ebay:)
    RazWaz, any piccy?
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow:j
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    rumfeeble wrote: »
    Im looking at buying a clearblue fertility monitor... anyone seen any at a good price?.... is it a bit ikky to buy something like that off ebay?... what do you think?

I have sent you a PM xxxx
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    Options
    RazWaz wrote: »
    I did test but it was pretty inconclusive. There was a tiny super super faint line but I'm not sure if it was a shadow or not. Anyone used morrisons tests before? With the first one not working I'm wondering if the second was a dud too.

I'll try again when I get home tomorrow, got about 10 ICs and 2 Digis waiting for me :D

Im my experience anything bought from the Morrisons brand is likely to be a dud :rotfl:I could give you a list of carp Ive had from there.

So use your digis tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport