We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trying for a Baby Part 8

1…264265267269270…882

Comments

  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Oooh these BFPs are making me want to do a naughty early test!

    I will resist..... I'm only 11DPO..... and a negative test makes me so miserable!

    Scooby - all the best for the future! Sorry to see you go, you are welcome back any time if you change your mind :)
  • Any symptoms BigBird????

    Scooby, wishing you all the best for the future :)
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Scoobs sorry you have decided to leave, i can't blame you for wanting to ttc in a more relaxed way, good luck xx
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

    Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
    :j
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    *BigBird* wrote: »
    *happy dance*

    :D

    8056062565_1cd3f0cc20.jpg

    Whoop whoop!

    Fingers very firmly crossed that this bean decides to stick around for longer than a week!

    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    lao_cat - re: drinking in the two week wait - there are lots of different opinions on this, but I'm with MV on this one - I don't drink a lot in the 2ww but will have the odd glass of wine if I want to! I think I'm right in saying that the baby doesn't get any nutrients from you that early on. However, it's a probably not a good idea to go in for excessive drinking during the 2ww.
  • *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    PommeVerte wrote: »
    Any symptoms BigBird????

    Not much, other than itchy nipples and boobs being generally a bit tender. Sorry if TMI, but I've also been a bit constipated off and on for the last couple of days - I suffered soooo badly with that when I was pregnant with DS :(

    Re: drinking, I've had a couple of glasses of wine during my 2ww. I wouldn't have more than one glass on any particular day though.
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • lao_cat
    lao_cat Posts: 244 Forumite
    Congrats bigbird!!!!

    Thanks for the advice re drinking I have a wedding next week-(where not drinking would be commented on- rather a lot) I ll be 11 or 12 dpo is that too soon to test?
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    lao_cat wrote: »
    Congrats bigbird!!!!

    Thanks for the advice re drinking I have a wedding next week-(where not drinking would be commented on- rather a lot) I ll be 11 or 12 dpo is that too soon to test?

    It's quite early to test, but some people do get a BFP that early. If I were you I'd just try and keep the drinking to a minimum if you can.

    But that said, looooaaads of people have no idea they are pregnant and drink a lot in the early weeks of pregnancy and go on to have very healthy babies!
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    *BigBird* wrote: »
    Not much, other than itchy nipples and boobs being generally a bit tender. Sorry if TMI, but I've also been a bit constipated off and on for the last couple of days - I suffered soooo badly with that when I was pregnant with DS :(

    Re: drinking, I've had a couple of glasses of wine during my 2ww. I wouldn't have more than one glass on any particular day though.

    Now my nipples are itchy :rotfl:

    Oooh I so want a BFP next week.... I'm supposed to be preparing myself for the worst but the naughty part of my brain is thinking positive... oh the ttc ups and downs!!!
  • Yay Bigbird :j:j:j:j:j:j:j So happy for you.

    I couldn't see a cross on the first test...those digis seem to be worth the money. Sending you lots of sticky vibes.

    LilyMay - Sorry you are having doubts about resigning. Just my opinion but would staying in a job you hated really have brought you any extra happiness. Perhaps this is your opportunity to do something that you really love or at least enjoy.

    Scoobs - Sorry to see you leave. I hope you get that BFP we are all dreaming of.

    I probably have a long wait till ovulation again this month but at least I have some tests to look forward to so it feels like we are doing something towards getting our BFP.

    Hugs to all who need them.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.