Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Banking checked and ok. Feel like I'm giving myself a bit of a fresh start financially and taking the pressure off myself until the New Year. It's a good feeling and means that I won't worry about enjoying myself in the next few days off work with DH.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    And just when I'm feeling a bit more relaxed financially DH has gone all frugal, so instead of going out for Sunday lunch today, he is going to cook. £6 instead of £50 apparently.
  • Jazee
    Options
    So this week hasn't gone to plan. We should have been on leave from work together but DH has had to go in every day including today which is the last day of leave. Other people have had plans for our time, the weather has been dire and the house is now a tip.

Financially ok. Today I need to tidy the house, but so far have only made fudge which doesn't look great.
  • Jazee
    Options
    So back to normalish routine, feeling more in control of finances and saving again. In decent accounts now.
    All Xmas presents now bought and mostly wrapped. Not happy with recent fabric purchases for living room so will revisit this in the new year.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Morning diary.
    Still not happy with new curtains in LR etc, so I'm going to put the old ones back up tomorrow. All Christmas presents now wrapped.

I need to get out in the shed and find something to return to a friend, could probably do with a few trips to the tip but not sure it will happen this week.

And in finances, someone tried to empty our bank account at the weekend, which meant a lot of time on the phone to the bank and my card now cancelled, just before Christmas.
  • Jazee
    Options
    A good week finance wise, if you discount someone still trying to empty my bank account so yet more time spent on the phone to the bank - who have been brilliant btw. I now have my new card.

Opticians yesterday and I got the eye test and three pairs of glasses (all different lense types as I don't get on with bi or vari focals) for £108.50. Really pleased with that and they'll be ready to pick up next weekend.

Got a new outfit for work do using nect@r points so only had to spend £2 cash for an originally £40 outfit once sales discounts and vouchers had been used too.

I was expecting to have to pay for the works do last night (first time in new job) but all I paid out all evening was £3.10 for my bus fare. Everything else was paid for by the boss and it was a great evening. Great company, my new colleagues are lovely, good food and drink and dancing.

Today is big Xmas shop day but it is going to be paid for with the points we've collected in the supermarket all year.

I have also squirrelled £135 to savings this week.

And in non finance news, the old curtains are back up and my mood is so much more relaxed. The deep wine red of the new ones was just too 'angry' for me. Amazing what a colour can do. Also, no tip runs done, but the shed is tidier!

I hope anyone reading has a great day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Big Xmas shop done. £176 bill down to £24 using our 'points' saved up during the year, discounts and vouchers. DH pointed out that his wine came to over £30 so the food was actually 'free'.

I may go to a carol concert today so will need to take some money for charity and I need to pay my paper bill. Am hoping that will be it.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I did go the carol concert and had a great time. Put my loose change in the charity tin - £1.92.

DH has been to the shops this morning to pick up a few more bits, in case we run out of anything. There is no chance of this happening so please stop now.

Spendy day ahead but budgeted for. Lunch out with DD and her DH and then cinema.

£15 squirrelled to savings today.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good to hear you're still on top of it all, Jazee. Sorry I've been remiss lately; hopefully things will calm down here in the new year.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    A lovely Christmas. Christmas Day, just me and DH, really relaxing. Boxing Day was family Christmas, full on and great fun but I was oh so tired at work yesterday.

Another £20 squirrelled to savings. Unexpected vet bill, but budgets tweaked.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure