Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I found some affordable lovely things last week that will make great Christmas presents for people that I find difficult so you're not the only one who's started on Christmas!
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking of Christmas already HB!

In true MSE style, I have used the code to order yogurt mix from H&B, saved myself a few pounds. But I've a funny feeling that H&B are discontinuing the range, which is a bit annoying seeing as I've bought the equipment to make this particular yogurt.

Also went on line to see about paying the TV license other than quarterly but to be honest will keep it as it is as I can't be bothered with the faff on line just to save £5 per year.

Was wondering what to do with a large amount of cash just sitting in the current account having opened an ISA for the rest. And the answer is open another one in DHs name. Need to get him involved though which will take some effort because as long as he has enough money for wine, he's not bothered about anything else financial.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    It would appear that apart from wine and work, DH is not really interested in anything at all. I had a great day with DS yesterday, today's day with DH has been cancelled, partially because I've a headache and overdid it yesterday, but mainly because DH doesn't want to go anywhere. Feeling a little peeved though as he's just gone out for breakfast and didn't even ask if I'd like to go.

Rant over.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Continuation of rant as I'm sitting in the garden and can't scream out loud. DH has been back a little while. Now absolutely stinks of red wine already and moaning that he's hot. It's not so warm today and I like summer.

Headache is gone but I am veering between anger, the foulest mood ever and just wanting to bloody cry. Which is not like me at all. Hopefully the mood will lift later.

At least for me today will be a NSD.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Mood has lifted. DH is just DH and I've had an hours sleep.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    At least you could vent safely on here and not have a row, which wouldn't have helped at all. (((Hugs)))
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Morning diary and HB! You're so right about being able to rant on here, especially as I knew I just woke up in a bad mood. I've had a headache on and off for a few days now. I know it's just because of the humidity, lack of sleep etc so I need to behave myself and be kind to DH who is manic busy at the paid stuff.

I got paid yesterday including pay for an extra shift I did, so I am pleased to report that I can pay for 2 nights in a hotel in September without touching savings. This will be our only break this year.

This morning I have 'invested' more of my payoff. I have purchased some premium bonds. I decided I could take the risk of no interest on a small chunk of the money as there is the chance (albeit tiny) of a big win each month.

Today, I'm not expecting to spend anything else. Its raining at the moment, but I am planning dog walking and gardening.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    I get fractious when I don't get enough sleep, so I think it's quite a common thing to find oneself slightly jangly with the kind of weather we've had for the past 10 weeks. I'm pretty ragged myself.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I had a better night last night now it's so much cooler. Autumn here today.

14 hours on my own today so hopefully will get something done and no spending .
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on starting your Christmas shopping Jazee. Hope you managed to get some stuff done today.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family