Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spot on about the behaviour HB. Fortunately they haven't got into any debt though (although they have delayed finalising their house deposit) and yes, she really does want to get married. Fortunately, they are perfect for each other.

Last night wasn't too bad, actually it was very good once DD decided to join in the conversations. The waiter spilt all the drinks over DH, makes a change from them all being in him, and I think we'll laugh about that for a while.

Today, DH is recovering from last night, a bit groggy but we've both got the day off. I have done most of the jobs I planned round the house, so I'm going to get out in the garden soon and pot up the plants I want to sell at the tabletop sale this weekend.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear that the evening was a success, Jazee, and that you can spend some soothing time gardening. All will be well ....
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Update from me. Tabletop sale was not really worth doing other than to force a sort out for charity shops and tombolas. Excess plants have now been sold to raise funds for a local charity or given to friends and relatives.

DDs wedding was amazing. I can't go into detail as I'll give away mine and her anonymity but she got the perfect day they wanted. Now to help with DSs wedding.

We have family staying this week. It was supposed to be until yesterday but they've extended their stay until tomorrow. We've had days out, lunches and dinners out and perused the shops and stately homes.

So MSE wise, I'm expecting to dip into our savings to the tune of just under £1k. Which is about what we spend on a holiday cottage each year anyway.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    I hope you're enjoying it all, Jazee. I'm glad your DD's wedding was fab and that you've kept to your holiday budget to limit dipping into savings. Are you at the stage where you'd quite enjoy it going back to normal, or are you revelling in the activity?

When is DS's wedding - weeks, months or years in the future?
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    HB, I'm really enjoying it and don't go back to the paid stuff until the middle of next week so I've a few days to get the house back to normal. I will be pleased to get back in my own bed though.

DS's wedding is at the end of next year. Planning in earnest starts next month!
  • Jazee
    Options
    Hello diary. Frugal times start here. I've just done the finances and with things going up we have a shortfall of £10 per week. However, the budget does include putting something aside for emergencies and I've also put aside what we need for a years one off bills like car insurance. The budget includes restoring those funds as they get paid too.

I'm hoping for some extra hours at work, although at the moment I'm just getting shifts swapped around, and I'm also planning to do some surveys. Will also start doing competitions again and will look at the freebies forums.

I'm trying to avoid selling anything on the bay of e as it drives me mad.

Today, the only spends will be on essentials like milk and bread.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Didn't use all 'my' spends this week, actually didn't use any, so I've just put £50 in the savings account. Won't be the same for the next week though, as I've a work do and I need to get my hair cut.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    I'm trying to avoid selling anything on the bay of e as it drives me mad.

I'm selling a few things at the moment but avoiding the Bay of E until I've gone through all of the stuff I can on Gumtwig, which is infinitely easier and a lot less hassle. However, some of the buyers are an absolute nightmare and there's no way of weeding them out. Still, the advert sits there and doesn't cost anything so I go on using it. Listed half a dozen things last night and the first thing left the house this morning without any haggling. Result!
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Morning diary.

I didn't get my hair cut and the work do only cost £7 for parking as all food and drink was free. Friday was a NSD and yesterday I only spent £7.60 at a village event and Bowls, first of a two day competition event. Came second yesterday.

The dogs have gone away for the weekend as I'm busy away from home. I shall pick them up tonight after a belated birthday meal with family.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Hello diary.

Amazingly, yesterday was a NSD. I can't say the same for today as I have started my Christmas shopping even though it is 22 degrees outside still.

I have bought gifts that are a quarter of their normal price so very pleased with that. Have also purchased a few other bits and pieces for the house.

Tonight is a night out, but will be minimal spends for a raffle ticket.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure