Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 8:32AM
    Options
    OH is brilliant at sourcing deals for insurance, gas, electricity and all that, thank goodness, so it's the one area I don't have to think about. He just hands me the paperwork when it's all sorted - hurrah!

We're also eating our way through the freezer because I really need to defrost it, and I'm surprised at how well we're eating, although not for how long it's taking. I'd say we were about two thirds of the way there but there are a lot of things that will take a while to work through, such as cheese bought when it was on special offer. OH also has a habit of going to M&S and buying us treats which means the meal plan for the week gets scuppered, but I'm not going to have a whinge about it - who doesn't love a treat? He's very, very good at choosing treats!

I hope you're offered the job. Fingers crossed for you.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have the job here of sorting finances etc. Checked the accounts this morning to find a spend at McDonalds, so I think DH has not kept to our challenge.

Although council tax and water rates are increasing this year, we are seeing reductions in rent, car recovery, car insurance etc so I actually think our basic expenditure will be less.

Today I am job searching this morning (although still hoping I get the job I went for yesterday) and this afternoon I'm going with DH for his treatment at the hospital so I can drive him back home. The appointment is expected to take 4 hours so it will be a long day.

Got a call from another job I went for recently, they are 'restructuring' and want to drop the salary by £5k - am I still interested? Well, NO.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Quite apart from the £5k drop, who wants to work for a company that's so disorganised they don't know what the work is worth to them?

Still got my fingers crossed for you for the job you want.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Thanks HB, I'm hoping I hear either way pretty soon.

I am not looking on the job sites until next Tuesday now. I am giving myself an extra long weekend off to try to catch up on some jobs. Also I'm helping DD move house tomorrow, and probably sofa shopping with her on Saturday.

I should have had my redundancy payment today, but they seem to have just paid me a month's salary so I'm having to waste time trying to chase that now. I really wanted it all sorted out so I could make the most of the two tax years.

Also, trying to organise a visit for the dogs to where they're going on holiday in the summer while we attend DD's wedding.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Diary, the visit to the dog sitters went really well. The dogs seemed to remember the location - they ran to the front door - and this time met both people and were really happy with them.

In other news, I am still chasing my redundancy payment which is annoying, and I didn't hear back after either of the first two interviews. One I had to chase as it was via an agency (who are proving themselves to be good for nothing) and the other job - well, do I really want to be working for a company that doesn't give bad news well? I don't think so.

I had another interview yesterday which I'm told I will hear the result of early next week.

Nothing else much happening here, low spends obviously, and I'm planning to spend today gardening.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Excellent news about the dogsitter, bummer about the interviews and redundancy. Why are UK employers so casual about relationships with staff and potential staff?

Happy gardening!
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I managed to spend 3 hours gardening on Saturday, still not cut the wet grass though, but I'm paying for it today with a really stiff neck so had a bad nights sleep.

Huge spends yesterday, fortunately budgeted. I now have a dress for DD's wedding.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I have got the job which I was interviewed for last week. It is the best possible outcome, ticks all my boxes.

DH got paid today so I've worked out our budgets for the next four weeks. Reduced grocery budget which is ok as the freezers are full of YS bargains again, and no money for takeaways or meals out although DH says he wants us to have a meal out to celebrate my new job.

I really feel I can start organising my life again now that I know what I'm going to be doing, but first I'm going to read the paper.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh that is brilliant news Jazee, congratulations!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Congratulations on the job, fantastic news. x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback