Where is the cheapest place to get frontline for cats and drontal wormer ?

Options

Comments

• blondnc
    blondnc Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just looked again, they have put the price up to £1.66 a tablet, but is still the cheapest by far!
  • apn_2
    apn_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I agree!! just ordered 6 months Frontline and 4 Drontal tablets for £31.08. Pets at Home charge £37.99 for Frontline alone. Wish i had seen your post first - might have saved even more money haha
  • maxrolph
    Options
    Try petfleas.co.uk Cheapest by far and they do lower prices for multiple orders. They also include free P&P
  • mikegamez
    mikegamez Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    FYI, I believe blondnc will get £5 for each person she recomends to the site, I may be wrong, but that's how I read it!!
    "He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool for ever." (traditional Chinese proverb)
  • slummymummyof3
    slummymummyof3 Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't think you were supposed to do that??????
  • trudiha
    trudiha Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    batwoman wrote: »
    Hi I use Viovet to buy Frontline for my 3 cats and my son's dog, free p&p, and recorded delivery! No prescription required.
    http://www.viovet.co.uk/

Frontline spot on for cats 3 pipettes £10.15
    Medium Dog again 3 pipettes £14.59

They also stock the Frontline combo pipettes, they are a little more expensive but much cheaper than my vet charges.

Batwoman x

I've found Viovet to be dodgy. They dispensed a cheaper, generic form of the drug my dog had been prescribed. I was also a bit worried by the way that they sent an opioid by regular post rather than recorded deliver.
  • *Scarlett
    *Scarlett Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered from http://www.petfleas.co.uk/acatalog/index.html recently for dog and cat Drontal. The order was received quickly and at a very reasonable price.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bradray wrote: »
    Just go to ChemistDirect.co.uk and search for frontline for cats and drontal wormer in a search box.

ChemistDirect (and other suppliers) are on Quidco so get cashback too!
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    they do not get them in the UK:j

Hi Rita!

I had a rescue cat who had heartworm. Perhaps it's not common but it's certainly possible. Not sure how it's picked up or passed on. The treatment was Panacur for 5 days. With the rescues we give them 2 types of wormer because they cover different things - so panacur then next time milbamax - I find that one dose rarely works if they are badly infected - I've seen some grosse cases of worms making them extremely poorly....

I used petmeds and get cashback too.

We had awful fleas last summer...I had to spray the house with Indorex (Amazon was cheapest, vets charge a fortune :)), wash EVERYTHING esp. pet beds and rugs, every week in 50 degrees plus (I put a bit of flea shampoo in with the wash too). I took up all my carpets (a bit extreme but had been thinking about doing it anyway as me and one cat have asthma!)

I took down my curtains and had shutters put up.

Then flea combed the cats (they quite enjoy this) and drown any little blighters in a bowl of water. And frontline of course.

The vets all say that frontline is becoming ineffective because it's too common now...but funny how that coincides with this being not on presciption? You don't know what to believe...
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Heartworm's creeping into the UK now in some areas - worth asking the vet if it's needed round your way. Frontline's still what my vet is recommending btw.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure