Where is the cheapest place to get frontline for cats and drontal wormer ?

Options

Comments

• Courtmill
    Courtmill Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Ask if your vet does Advocate... they do a version for dogs as well.

It's a combined flea and worming treatment that is just a pipette application as normal flea treatment. It's much easier than attempting to get worming tablets etc down your animals neck...

It definitely costs me less than £10 for 3 pipettes- and it's at least £12 online.

It's really good stuff! (My vets is Companion Care- within my local Pets at Home centre)
  • dollar_sign
    Options
    Recently I was searching for dog medicine and found this company who seem to have the cheapest frontline products I could find.

thepetmedicinecompany. co.uk

Hope this helps!
    :T
  • rogue_element
    rogue_element Posts: 594 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2010 at 7:10PM
    Options
    I would reccommend http://www.myvetmeds.co.uk they have just launched and theyre one of the only internet pet pharmacies who have vets supporting and running the site.
  • dollar_sign
    Options
    thepetmedicinecompany.co.uk are running free postage on all products in October :money:
  • misa.blue
    Options
    As Dollar Sign syas, here is Drontal Cat tablet for £1.55 with free postage in October:
    http://www.thepetmedicinecompany.co.uk/cat/wormers/Drontal-Tablets-for-Cats-1s-DRO005SP.php
    Best wins ever:
    2012: Holiday to LA for 2 adults +2 kids for 4 days
    2013: £2 000 Virgin Holiday Voucher!
    2014: $1000 spending money for hols
    2015: 8 night holiday to Thailand
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    Frontline is not very effective! Alot of people no longer use it on their pets. Try Advantage, Advocat or Stronghold - these are far more effective & faster acting.

I've had no problems with Frontline yet and I have two JRTs and two Bengal Cats and I foster dogs as well. I wish Advocate was without prescription though because that has a wormer too and I have to practically crush the tablets up into powder to put in my Cats food.
  • stmartins
    Options
    Hello - just went back onto the site and they now have Frontline Spot On for Cats for just £9.95 for 3 pipettes with Free Postage!

thepetmedicinecompany.co.uk
    :money:
  • murphydog999
    Options
    At a first appointment with a new vet, it was a big sell, he said frontline was useless and to use 'advocat' - which he tried to get me to buy - he said the mere fact that frontline was available pretty much everywhere now, spelt out its lack of effectiveness.
  • thegrail
    thegrail Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I had been using Frontline for many years successfully for my 2 cats. Because 1 of them was very prone to flea irritation we had to give both cats Frontline every month and also fleas spray the house every 6 months instead of the normal yearly.

To save money versus what the vet was charging I started buying it online.

Then the vet started saying (like others have heard) that fleas are getting used to Frontline and we should switch to Advocate, but this was "prescription only" so we had to buy it from the vet (or alternatively get a chargeable prescription supplied by them to purchase online).

I did wonder at the time whether this was a ploy by the vets to protect their revenues?

However I found the price from my vet for Advocate was quite high compared to Frontline so I switched back to using Frontline with no problems.

The vet then said that a good option would be to use Advocate in the Summer and Frontline on the Winter - using different chemicals would stop the fleas becoming used to each one. So now I buy 6 vials of Advocate from the vet each year (3 months X 2 cats) and 18 vials (9 months x 2 cats) of Frontline from the web (usually VetUK) and also use Droncat Cat (spot on wormer) twice a year.

Doing so I am making 75% of the savings from Frontline vs. Advocate.

Why do I still buy Advocate? Just in case the sensitive cat does get fleas again from only using Frontline.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure