Where is the cheapest place to get frontline for cats and drontal wormer ?

Options

Comments

• mikstik
    mikstik Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    1jacks64 wrote: »
    I have been searching on google for online suppliers of frontline and drontal for cats. I have found a few sites including petremedies.co.uk, hyperdrug.com and petmeds.co.uk.

Has anyone used these sites to buy these products? and has anyone any recommendations as to which is the cheapest place to buy these? Thank you.
    Please avoid Pet Care Discount. An online firm which promises UK products without prescription.
    This is rubbish as I recently ordered Profender worming drops for my cat and the item came from Barbados and originated in South Africa...Very dodgy, and illegal.
  • snowman2_2
    snowman2_2 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    trudiha wrote: »
    I've found Viovet to be dodgy. They dispensed a cheaper, generic form of the drug my dog had been prescribed. I was also a bit worried by the way that they sent an opioid by regular post rather than recorded deliver.

That would be illegal and should be reported to the Police. They must prescribe exactly what is on the prescription and controlled drugs have even tighter rules
  • Gareth83
    Gareth83 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    how often must you worm cats and what is the dosage?

with fleas I gues it is frontline, 1 vial every 2 mths?
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find those very cheap and very fast - used several times for both Frontline and Drontal as well as Seraquin:

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/
  • leedsmodus
    leedsmodus Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    medicanimal is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fluffycabbage
    fluffycabbage Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought I'd let you know there is an offer here of 5 pippettes for the price of 4 - £11.65, inc p&p and VAT :j

(its the same as frontline)

http://www.bestpet.co.uk/detailed_product.asp?id=72778
  • mikstik
    mikstik Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Heartworm's creeping into the UK now in some areas - worth asking the vet if it's needed round your way. Frontline's still what my vet is recommending btw.
    Hi.

There is a tablet product called Milbemax which is a wormer and available from your Vet at around £3-4 it covers a whole lot of worms including several tape and round worms, hookworms and hearworms, you give 3 monthly and if the cat is 4 kilo or less you only use half a tablet which works out quite reasonable pricewise. Try Googling Milbemax
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For anyone that uses Costco I was in there today and saw they were now stocking Frontline dog & cat. Sorry to say I didn't really note the prices, except for the 6pk for large dogs, as it was a bit cheaper than anywhere I can see online (though the medium dog was the same price so not as good a buy).

Frontline Spot On DOG 20-40kg (6 PACK) - £23.98
  • burge23
    burge23 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/site.aspx?i=pr281850

This is the link for the generic version of Frontline and a Drontal equivalent sold as a combo on Pet drugs Online at £13.96 for 6 months protection. We used them for our previous dog who had Cushings and their Vetoryl was the cheapest we could find, miles cheaper than our vet. having done some research we'll be trying this out for the new pooch. they are £18.98 for the equivilent Frontline/Drontal package. The company are great and postage is free 2nd class. There's a handling fee for orders under £20.
  • Nicola_A_newman
    Options
    Visit the website for rspca-halifaxandhuddersfield

This animal centre now has an online shop for veterinary products including frontline, drontal and lots more. The prices are really competitive and my order came straight away. The shop is opening july 1st 2011 but when I rang them they said I could order now and it was all straightforward.
    What I like best is that they state that any profits will help the animals!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure