No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in August!

Comments

• Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi there am in again :). I'llpost my stash list when I get up later on or tomorrow after I've finished my nights.
    My skin care routine; wash with soap and warm water and go to bed or wash with soap and warm water then apply bb cream, allow to dry a bit and slap face on atop this. I use an Olay warming exfoliator scrub when I'm in the bath and every week or so, I use a face mask. I stopped using creams and found my skin is better for it.
    Ok, off to bed now, night all :)
    Ps, welcome the newbie who's name I'm too tired to remember or scroll back to check on :o
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    my secret swap arrived just now with lots of goodies that will be very useful to take on holidays and nights away,we are off to help DS2(the one with the cute cat!) work on his new house (just when i managed to let my nails grow:() so the samples included very useful to save car space as lots of stuff to take to him too.So many thanks to my elf:)

no sign of SSB yet tho:(
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm in again for this month, thanks to ruby-eskimo for starting the new thread and very well done with your make-up uu's.

Paperheart - Sounds like you are embarking on a very exciting time in your life, newly married, saving for a house and starting a business - enjoy.

Maddiemay - I use Pantene volumising mousse on my fine hair and whilst some think mousse is a bit old fashioned I find it great as long as you don't use too much, hair is soft and bouncy.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Flirtini_2
    Flirtini_2 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Count me in again please!! I completely missed July's challenge and fell off the wagon a bit - I ended up buying an Elemis supersize cleanser & toner duo (although it was a bargain at £40 for the 2 400ml bottles!) and just got back from holiday and succumbed to a Clarins Hydra-Matte moisturiser at the duty free. And some Elemis Pro-Collagen marine cream samples from the counter, although they were free so I'm not really counting them! :p

Ok, so, today I'm having a brand new start - it's my birthday!! :D and last year of my twenties :eek: (shock horror!!!).

Having a minor stress about it because all the things I wanted to do before my 30th now seem impossible in the next year (buy a house, travel the world etc!) but will be doing the best I can - so no buying toiletries unless absolutely necessary because that money needs to be house deposit savings now! (But my lovely new cleanser and toner should last me the year so it's all good!)

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    xxx
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I am posting this at work so, I'm sorry if this posts in one big long paragraph. (not sure why it doesn't post properly from my work computer). Welcome Paperheart Happy Birthday Flirtini. Well done on the Makeup UU Ruby Eskimo - I really wish I could make a dent in my make up. I will post my list of targeted outs tonight.
  • Hello,

Happy birthday Flirtini!! Please don't stress out - my friends and I had a blast in our 20s, but we are enjoying our 30s even more! I think we have a bit more self assurance and have learned from (ahem, a few) mistakes along the way. Be careful not put too much pressure on yourself so you can enjoy it more.

mad_scientist - a 'decades worth of perfume' that sounds amazing! I am quite envious (though I realise this goes against the spirit of what I am trying to achieve here). I love fragrance and the bottles they come in.

Well, I started the toiletry challenge this morning and organised my toiletries last night to make sure all those that I should be using on a daily basis are in clear sight and close to hand (to make sure I use them!).

I noticed that I was more mindful and took more care of following my beauty routine and what I used this morning - perhaps a side effect of this challenge might be better skin! Double win, maybe? :dance:

My current routine is as follows:

Morning:
    Wash face in shower with foaming cleanser or cleanse bar
    Pat face dry then apply sunblock
    (30 minute break to do my morning chores)
    Beauty serum
    Day cream
    Lip balm

I carry a moisturising face mister with me during the day to prevent my skin drying out.

Evening:
    Cleanser
    Toner (I prefer to use a face mister for this)
    Beauty serum
    Night cream
    Lip balm

It took a while to get my routine right as I have rather annoying skin - combination with rosacea of the nose and occasionally cheeks. It also changes with the season! It sometimes feels like a bit of an effort, but saves time in the long run.

It turns out the discontinued fragrance I love is now completely out of stock :(, so at least I don't need to wrestle with that urge anymore!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

ph x
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge July 152/August 136 (£29.23 saved)
  • rosemary54
    got my SSb and am happy with it and will use most of the stuff:)
  • Tater
    Tater Posts: 144
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday Flirtini!

I'm back in this month and am definitely not buying anything before my hols in mid August - I do not need minis! Although not sure if I will be able to resist Bath and Body Works whilst in the States, I will do my best to try!:D
  • Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hello! I'm hoping to be more present this month...

Thank you to Ruby Eskimo for starting the thread and well done for your make up UU! :T

Welcome to Paperheart and Noelphobic. :beer:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLIRTINI!

(I second what Paperheart said about not putting too much pressure on your 29th year. I hope that you meet your targets but above all I hope that you have a very happy year :))

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to those that are going away this month. Very exciting! :j

I had quite a wobble yesterday and came close to ordering a load of stuff from the BS. (I had a 50% voucher because I haven't ordered with them yet). I must have gone through about three different versions of baskets but in the end I closed the window. I'm quite relieved today...

Last month I didn't manage my No Spend but I came close. I'm really happy with the REN products that I got (so many freebies! :j) No regrets there but I am going to try again for a No Spend Month, as far as toiletries are concerned. If I go to a Boots I will probably buy a Revlon pretend Chubby Stick with points. I have lots of make up but it's not something that I buy very often, mainly because I'm not out and about much and I don't like choosing colours online.

I think that my case of the 'must buys' yesterday was just because I was feeling very very tired and achy. In the end I painted my nails with Models Own Purple Grey topped with Ibiza Mix and that cheered me up :)

Like Maddiemay (and inspired by SuiDreams) I need to have a bit of a think about what to target this month. I did well with not having many INs but I think I only managed one UU - my worst month ever!

Righty ho. Off I go...
  • rosemary54
    finally got paid for some stuff I sold on the 13th of july on ebay,I sent an invoice on the 18th and emailed the guy on the 31st and finally openned a no pay case....he then paid today and put a note on the paypal saying I had not invoiced him:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:er I have a copy of it,so annoying ,hope I don't get neg feedback from him!strangly a few of my buyers were men!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure