PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mushroom growing kits?

Options

Comments

• crana999
    crana999 Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    no, unless you count the bathroom. the other 11 people that use it might not be too happy although it would be an improvement on the tramps who were sleeping there till we got new locks.
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    I am more concerned about the type of mushrooms these students are growing! ;)
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pal wrote:
    I am more concerned about the type of mushrooms these students are growing! ;)

I hear the Psilocybe variety are particularly good to make a nice refreshing pot of tea with :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hiya

Someone recently said on a thread they were growing Shi-take mushrooms but nothing's coming up in the search. I wanted to ask where they'd got the kit. Does anyone know who it was or where you can get them?

Ta in advance

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try this site Andrea

http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/PlantCatalogue.asp?GroupID=7011

It was quite funny searching for that, apparently if I wanted magic mushrooms I can find those easier that Shi-take :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am doing this. You need freshly cut logs to drill holes in as you are supplied with plugs which you have to hammer in, containing the spores. They are in the cellar now in a black bin bag, where they have to stay for 6 months - september in my case. I think I got them from either Dobies or Thompson and morgan. wwwmhawkin.co.uk do the logs ready prepared.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I bought a !!!!ake kit from ebay last November and I'm still getting mushroom from it now, the seller was called Gardeningexpress
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy indoor edible mushroom kits by mail order from anywhere? I've search the net but they are all either outside the UK or they are selling magic mushrooms which I DON'T want. I want just normal button mushrooms. Thanks. :money:
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Erm... I know we have links for shi-take mushroom kits and they may include others.

Let me have a look around and I'll merge you into the thread when i find it.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • goldentouch
    goldentouch Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Options
    I've used the box kits years ago. Great harvest of button mushrooms but you also get lots of tiny (fruit?) flies as well.
    Silence is more musical than any song
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family