Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy all your entertainment :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well as an ode to Skinty (one of my favourite MSEers) I thought I would share tomorrow's breakfast with you (rhetorically speaking - cos in reality it's mine all mine :-D)

Serves 4 or me twice!

Blueberry porridge *
    (invented by Phil Vickery and Aldi, not me)

Porridge (I use one cup, smidge salt, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk)
    500g natural yogurt
    150g blueberries (market bought)
    150g muesli
    4 tbsp honey
    Lime juice (1 lime or Mr S basic lime juice)

1. Make porridge. Cool. Mash with fork (can be done night before)
    2. Add nat. yog, blueberries,muesli and mix.
    3. Add honey and then lime juice to taste.

YUM!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Well as an ode to Skinty (one of my favourite MSEers)

Awww thank you:A
    I thought I would share tomorrow's breakfast with you (rhetorically speaking - cos in reality it's mine all mine :-D)

Serves 4 or me twice!

Blueberry porridge *
    (invented by Phil Vickery and Aldi, not me)

Porridge (I use one cup, smidge salt, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk)
    500g natural yogurt
    150g blueberries (market bought)
    150g muesli
    4 tbsp honey
    Lime juice (1 lime or Mr S basic lime juice)

1. Make porridge. Cool. Mash with fork (can be done night before)
    2. Add nat. yog, blueberries,muesli and mix.
    3. Add honey and then lime juice to taste.

YUM!

Now, I hope you knitted that yogurt and are at least thinking of growing the blueberries next time:p Seriously though, that sounds lovely, might have a go myself.:D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2400/7000

Mortgage balance: £52212

• Butti
    edited 20 January 2014 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Awww thank you:A

Now, I hope you knitted that yogurt and are at least thinking of growing the blueberries next time:p Seriously though, that sounds lovely, might have a go myself.:D

Tis gorgeous - the lime really makes it.

Another frustrating day at work. Think they've got an issue with capacity. I was working away this morning, as soon as my colleague came in and tried to log on I lost connection and didn't get it back. After Fridays complete :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: with the printer I am getting very frustrated. I just want to go into work do a good job and get paid for it. What's so difficult.

Anyway need to go home. On page 129 of the book club book 'Full Dark House' (Christopher Fowler) and the meeting is tomorrow (and it has 400 pages) Very good.

Films at the weekend were both gritty and a bit gruelling but worth seeing. Bear that in mind if you go and see 12 Years a Slave or The Railway Man. Kleenex * may be necessary.

* other brands are available

p.s Did get my 8th NSD - target for this month! :)
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 22 January 2014 at 1:07AM
    Options
    I'm living with an !!!!.
    He has a fundamental problem with understanding why we have a TV licence and a TV in the lounge. He 'hardly' watches the TV so he doesn't need to pay for the TV licence???!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely ignores the fact that we have a functioning TV in thme communal lounge so we can have one TV licence covering four TVs. Get rid of that TV and we are each required to have a TV licence to cover our own TVs. Maybe I need to draw him a diagram?

Wonder what makes him think he is going to get this past me?
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Failed my sign language exam:(
    Haven't we been here before?

Almost everyone failed.
    Haven't we been here before?

Honestly I feel like we are the class of doom!!!

My response "Ah well......."
    Needed a score of 15 including 2 for Non-Manual features. Got 13 and 0 for NMF (expression). At least I know where I went wrong and that I need to wear my glasses.
    At least it wasn't 2!!!!!
    48% off mortgage

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh bother! When can you re-sit?
    Must use my stash up!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As you say we have been here before :eek:
    Next time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options

Honestly I feel like we are the class of doom!!!

You can hear a tapping noise in the distance as we approach which is the sound of sign language teachers running over the horizon!

Well this weekend I am spending. I am going up north to the sea for lots of this :beer::beer::beer::beer: with a number of friends. The one awkward blighter who sometimes turned up, getting progressively more drunk, awkward, loud and generally obnoxious (and displaying the latest stains on his trousers :eek:) has died so he won't be there.

I, unfortunately, went on to the announcement of his death and tried to post a sympathetic comment (he wasn't entirely without merit - he was very good on bus timetables and on beer [if you got him sober]). Unfortunately I managed to hit like!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    and it took me about 20 minutes to work out how to remove the like! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyway on Saturday it should just be nice people there who aren't obnoxious.

Practicing sign language exam (every day until my resit) and starting to prepare for the next one, a conversation on food and drink. Reckon I am going to fingerspell Shiraz and Rioja and sign Sex on the Beach. Think you are getting the theme :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Right time to plan tonights tea from A Girl Called Jack.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    OMG ......evidence of mice in the cupboards
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure