Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Butti wrote: »

Got feedback on the filming of my exam, some of which was very positive and some not so good. I pretty much agreed with what the teacher said....and I need to practice everyday between now and end of March (exam). Anyway the first bit of feedback was that I shouldn't wear a short skirt or move around so much !!! How much do you think they saw?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maybe the wrong lips were moving? :rotfl:

:D

Are you learning to be a ventriloquist too ? :D :rotfl:
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2014 at 3:49PM
    Options
    So life plods on....as I've done Parkrun today, sometimes literally, and yes my worst fears did happen. I did get overtaken by a five year old and her dad, she was very quick though to give her her due.

Yesterday was spendy and non-spendy. Called into a hairdressers and asked them to trim my fringe which they did for free :T (I was in a state of shock!)
    The exhaust went on the car :( Got it fixed for £94 :D

Do have instances when I think I am turning into my father, I am already a moaning pensioner, about 20 years before I can claim. Asda was the source of my wrath and email yesterday.

One lunchtime this week I called in for a sandwich and some low-fat protein a.k.a. a roast chicken thigh. Hopefully just in celebration of the Sochi Olympics, you appear to be applying a communist approach to the deli counter where you rather than I decide how many roast chickens. Everyone will buy 3 roast chicken thighs or non at all. I'm not on a body building mission or the Atkins diet so I actually only wanted 1 chicken thigh.

Can I ask whether this is a nationwide policy or whether Lincoln is the lucky pilot store for this Olympic initiative? I need to know whether going into other Asda stores for my lunch is now a waste of time.

So muddy and windy parkrun today. No idea what my time is yet. Hard work but I enjoyed it. Nice course. Have now had a cooked breakfast, cup of tea, bath and am about to head out to meet friends and watch the rugby in the pub.
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Life is goodish
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Email has been down at work this afternoon AGAIN so that has led to a somewhat frustrating day and the consumption of three digestive biscuits (What is that all about!!)

Foodication seems to bring a smile to your face...
    Last night was a bit of a mixed bag.
    Went to Sign Language class, forcing myself to go at the moment because failing the exam was a bit of a kick in the teeth. But I have paid now, my motives are good, I only have to last another 5 months. I think I should just grit my teeth and put in the hours because shortly I should be enjoying it again. There is just a lot on at the moment.

Got feedback on the filming of my exam, some of which was very positive and some not so good. I pretty much agreed with what the teacher said....and I need to practice everyday between now and end of March (exam). Anyway the first bit of feedback was that I shouldn't wear a short skirt or move around so much !!! How much do you think they saw?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now for me, this sign language thing has gone from farce, catapulted through absolute farce, and is now teetering on the border between surreal farce and "you couldn't make it up".

What the hell does wearing a short skirt have to do with sign language? Would it apply if you were deaf?

"Evelyn Glennie apologies to her fans about losing her voice. It will be back as soon as she changes her skirt."
    Maybe the wrong lips were moving? :rotfl:

"This has been a stereo presentation..."

Just so long as it doesn't go to Dolby 5.1 - I don't think a sub-woofer rumbling in the background would add to it...
    In the pub quiz after we won...meaning we get a free round of drinks next week :beer::beer:

:T:T:T
    I also got my raffle ticket pulled enabling me to take part in a version of Bruce's ITV quiz, was it 'Play your cards right?' for about £170 :D 1st card a 6....... changed it for a 7:rotfl:...... Went higher a Jack.....lower.....another Jack. End of game. I was alright with this as I'd prepared myself for losing. Got called an idiot by someone on my own pub quiz team which I thought was a bit rich for a bl**dy game of probability! Maybe she watches Deal or No Deal and thinks it actually is a game of strategy :rotfl:

A bit rich? It's like telling someone who lost the lottery that they hadn't practiced enough...
    Am going to watch Rugby in the pub with friends on Saturday so that will be nice....and yesterday (definately not an NSD day I booked my accommodation so that I can work a beer festival this month. Cost me £72 for two nights, there'll be free beer and it's something to look forward to this month. :D

Ellidee wrote: »
    Are you learning to be a ventriloquist too ? :D :rotfl:

Depends where the hand goes...
    Do have instances when I think I am turning into my father, I am already a moaning pensioner, about 20 years before I can claim.

You need to have the pension first...
    Asda was the source of my wrath and email yesterday.

One lunchtime this week I called in for a sandwich and some low-fat protein a.k.a. a roast chicken thigh. Hopefully just in celebration of the Sochi Olympics, you appear to be applying a communist approach to the deli counter where you rather than I decide how many roast chickens. Everyone will buy 3 roast chicken thighs or non at all. I'm not on a body building mission or the Atkins diet so I actually only wanted 1 chicken thigh.

Can I ask whether this is a nationwide policy or whether Lincoln is the lucky pilot store for this Olympic initiative? I need to know whether going into other Asda stores for my lunch is now a waste of time.

Perhaps they have a stock of GM three-thighed chickens they need to get rid of...
    So muddy and windy parkrun today. No idea what my time is yet. Hard work but I enjoyed it. Nice course. Have now had a cooked breakfast, cup of tea, bath and am about to head out to meet friends and watch the rugby in the pub.
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Life is goodish

What would make it better?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad is goodish :grin:

Love the email.
    Keep us posted on response.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    Better than Goodish!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 10 February 2014 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Better than Goodish!

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

p.s. Don't ask, I can't say until after tomorrow!
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Is it not tomorrow yet? :p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Is it not tomorrow yet? :p

Nice try Beanie!
    48% off mortgage

• skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Liking the jumping jacks - and looking forward to hearing your news:D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2350/7000

Mortgage balance: £52262

• Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Better than Goodish!

:T :beer: :j :D xx
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure