🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there anything half decent for 85K where you are? it's not been glamorous palaces that you've shown me anyway... I would rather save up and get rid of debts and save paying out fees twice but depends how much the house share gets you down.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Jun 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £3150/7000

Mortgage balance: £5162

Make £100 extra a month: June £0 Boiler £276/2000

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there anything half decent for 85K where you are? it's not been glamorous palaces that you've shown me anyway... I would rather save up and get rid of debts and save paying out fees twice but depends how much the house share gets you down.

Thanks y'all.
    Busy clearing my bedroom. If I can get some order in that area I will feel better. I think you have helped clarify my mind (Ta).
    Next week £1k will move from HSBC to the HSBC credit card.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Right so I've had a bit more of a think (with a pencil and paper)

If I pay £2k off HSBC cc I will have a balance £1050 once I have made my January payment. I can get very close to clearing both that and Virgin cc by July. This will mean £170 will become available each month for when they are calculating affordability.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Have had a three mile run followed by a bath. Feeling a wee bit more relaxed about life.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Have had a three mile run followed by a bath. Feeling a wee bit more relaxed about life.

....she says
    :rotfl:

Completely seized up today!.....but still managed to hobble down to HSBC and pay £2k off my credit card.
    Go me! :T
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Have had a three mile run followed by a bath.

You can't have run very fast then - they've only got little legs...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    You been smoking those hallucinagenic fags Mr Z?

Strangely enough I am overtaken by most things - hibernating hedgehogs....sleeping policemen....roadkill!
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,791 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the 2k :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    You been smoking those hallucinagenic fags Mr Z?

"Tabs" m'dear. Fags is a southern thing...

Besides, I'm not the one claiming to have been followed by a bath.
    Strangely enough I am overtaken by most things - hibernating hedgehogs....sleeping policemen....roadkill!

You possibly need to run in another direction. i.e. forwards.

Well done on the £2K - and the inability to bend below neck height... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Well things are interesting at the mo.

Had a think about El wanting me to kill my APRs and Z wanting me to have a life. The budget I was thinking of was more of the former and none of the latter...and I'm already living with two men. How much suffering do I deserve?

So I have paid £500 off HSBC cc. This reduces the amount to clear it in the short term by £100 a month meaning I can have a life. YIPPEE!

Other things may improve in my life in the next couple of months....we'll have to wait and see!
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport