PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Bless you :A

Some things have greater value than money and I think your priorities are bang on considering what is ahead on Monday :T

Katy I agree wholeheartedly with jj :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • NickJW wrote: »
    I know - I was touched! :rotfl::D

I spoke to my mum and she said it was expensive and that I could make it cheaper from scratch. When I asked how she made Mac'n'Cheese she said she bought a Colmans cheese sauce packet, mixed it with milk, put it on the pasta and then put cheese on top! :eek: (rosieben - in case you're wondering, this does NOT need to go into the recipe list! :D)

Hmm - think I'll try a macaroni cheese from the front page when the time comes to try it it. Kezlous looks nice!

I must admit I just do mine by making a cheese sauce (not from a packet though) and mixing it with cooked macaroni, top with grated cheese and bake in oven for 20 mins. Occasionally I add extras like fried bacon, or cooked cauli. Sometimes, I top with sliced tomatoes but that's about it!
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    KatyReed+5 wrote: »
    Budget well and truly blown :(

I put this sown to summer holidays, also the fact that we've been on at least 20 picnic this month, lol, and also the fact the my biggest 2 are going back to live with their mum on Monday so we've been doing lots of family things this last month, which has incured lots of spends, fun trips to the zoo, forest and yesterday was the cinema, they rinsed me dry, but worth it to see them having fun.

£543.07 is really bad.

I'm off to join September. See you on the other side.

Katy, X

Katy - You have been an amazing Mum to all of the children. They will remember everything you have done for them, so it is worth every penny you have spent these holidays. Well done, and we'll all be thinking of you on Monday.

JJ- You can print your voucher in MrA's. They have a small desk in our local shop and a member of staff will help you if you need help printing your voucher. I hope it's all over the country.

I've had another NSD today. It helps being at work some days.
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • KatyReed+5
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, Monday is going to break my heart, they've been with me for 3 years and it kills me to let them go.

X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, Monday is going to break my heart, they've been with me for 3 years and it kills me to let them go.

X

(((hugs))) to you Katy. Will be thinking of you on Monday x

NSD yesterday. Today I bought a £20 giftcard, birthday card and a sympathy card. All from a different budget.

Went to MrT this evening at 9.30pm to get some stock for work tomorrow. Managed to snaffle 6 x 12 packs of Warburt0n sandwich baps for 7p/pack. This mammoth spend of 42p for 72 rolls will come from my 2nd purse and will sort the packed lunches for most of the Autumn term :D

Also feeling very proud as I completed my first mystery shopping assignment today. Took about 45mins to do the secret squirrel task then about an hour to complete my detailed notes and upload a couple of pics. Reckon I've earnt my £10 fee! First of many I hope ;)
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Katyreed+5, sounds like it's been a bittersweet few weeks for you. We're all thinking of you, and sending virtual hugs and strength through the power of the forum! Will you get to see them at all once they've gone?

I'm off to France in the morning, until Weds, but I'll be thinking of you all. Xx

The children don't know we're going yet!! I've wrapped up a purse each for them, with some euros and the letters of 'Disneyland Paris' for them to work out where we're going! Trouble is, we're being picked up at half seven!! I'm spending a relative fortune while I'm out there, as it's a once in a lifetime thing, and I don't want to say no at all. The children are so good at knowing why I say no, and so I want to spoil them rotten for a change...

See you on Thursday!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Morning
    Katy, I will be thinking of you on Monday. x
    PG have a lovely time, you deserve it. :)

Breakfast is cereal, suprised anybody? :D
    Lunch will be peppered mackrel salad with home made potato salad and dinner will be beef casserole in red wine sauce with dumplings.

I am going to Al*i today to use the £5 off voucher and other vouchers.
    I will also check out Mrt before closing as I have my JTD voucher to use up as well. I am hoping for some bargins.

I hope everyone has a nsd or lsd.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank all for commenting on my YS haul...going to have a good sort in freezer and cupboards today and go again on Thursday night..that usually being the best night..HB hopefully on Wednesday as doing well with budget and need toilet rolls

Just need to report 2 spends £1.50 on veg for todays tea...chicken dinner with 1 of the YS chickens and £8 in MrTs...off to add to gig now xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Katyreed+5, sounds like it's been a bittersweet few weeks for you. We're all thinking of you, and sending virtual hugs and strength through the power of the forum! Will you get to see them at all once they've gone?

I'm off to France in the morning, until Weds, but I'll be thinking of you all. Xx

The children don't know we're going yet!! I've wrapped up a purse each for them, with some euros and the letters of 'Disneyland Paris' for them to work out where we're going! Trouble is, we're being picked up at half seven!! I'm spending a relative fortune while I'm out there, as it's a once in a lifetime thing, and I don't want to say no at all. The children are so good at knowing why I say no, and so I want to spoil them rotten for a change...

See you on Thursday!

PG x

WOW

What a wonderful surprise :j. I love the jumbled letters clue. Inspired idea! Have a fabtastic time:A
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options

X

Bless you:A

You are an amazing person with a titanic sized heart.
    Those children will always appreciate their time with you and the stability and love that you unselfishly bestowed upon them.

Those kind of experiences stay with a person and can mold personalities. As they reach adulthood, they will appreciate it even more so (as we do with our own parents, as we reach independance, raise children etc.). We then more fully understand the sacrifices that our loved ones have made in our behalf and it empowers us to develop similar qualities.

:)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills