IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I expect the member who got compensation can pm you to point you in the right direction. I expect they will see this (it's not me but it's a regular here, and it was a very similar situation).

Tis in hand but we must let them s**t on the doorstep first!;)
  • mysterio_2
    mysterio_2 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Tis in hand but we must let them s**t on the doorstep first!;)

Indeed it is ;)
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
    :p
  • cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    sorry to bring this up again, but as I await my first letter,I have now got my re-newed blue badge, which has been back-dated to before the ticket was put on my car. Do the parking attendants take pics of the blue badge displayed or can I copy my new badge, stating that my badge was in date at the time of parking?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    cat410 wrote: »
    sorry to bring this up again, but as I await my first letter,I have now got my re-newed blue badge, which has been back-dated to before the ticket was put on my car. Do the parking attendants take pics of the blue badge displayed or can I copy my new badge, stating that my badge was in date at the time of parking?

Parking attendant?! It's a fake PCN so was issued by some desperate-for-a-job untrained person in a hi-vis jacket.

You can copy your new badge if you like but I suspect it won't call off the threatograms - and why bother? Just ignore the letters like I do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cat410 wrote: »

It matters not if your blue badge is valid or not, if you have a disability then you can use the bays, simples!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The Blue Badge scheme doesn’t apply to private car parks. Anyone, who’s disabled under the terms of The Equality Act 2010 can use a disabled parking bay. If they’re also Blue Badge holders, they don't need to display it. The Equality Act doesn't say that able-bodied drivers can't also use disabled parking bays. OK, maybe they shouldn't, but they can. The terms & conditions for private car parks usually state that you shouldn't park in a disabled bay without displaying a Blue Badge. This, in itself, contravenes The Equality Act.

So, write to the car park owner (CPO), advising them that they are "jointly and severally liable" for the actions of their agents, the PPC, they are contravening The Equality Act, and that any further actions by either of them would be regarded as harassment under the terms of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997. With luck, this ought to make the CPO call off the PPC and, hopefully, realise the potential cost of doing business with a PPC.

Don’t appeal to the PPC. They always reject them. What’s in it for them to let anyone off? They just see disabled drivers as a softer target.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mysterio wrote: »
    Disabled badge holders

If a driver has not displayed their disabled badge when parked in a disabled bay and has received a ticket we will cancel it on the production of a copy of their disabled badge. We are committed in our approach and to rigorously comply with the Government Disability Discriminations Act.

There is no such thing as the Government Disability Discriminations Act. The Disability Discrimination Act was mostly superceded by the Disability and the Equality Act 2010.

Why not write to Savills and point out to them that since their parking scum agents are in breach of the Equality Act 2010 (by preventing genuinely disabled people using disabled parking bays unless they display a current blue badge) then they, as principal, are also breaking the law. Tell them that you expect the procedures and signage implemented by their agents to be fixed forthwith, and tell them that, as a disabled person who is being discriminated against by their agent, you are considering claiming compensation from Savills as principal. That should get their attention!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Yourrightsandresponsibilities/Discrimination-yourrights/DG_195201

Mr Jeremy Helsby,
    Chief Executive Officer,
    Savills PLC,
    20 Grosvenor Hill,
    Berkeley Square,
    London
    W1K 3HQ.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Savills will take action as we have seen cases before where they have told their PPCs to sort out complaints properly and they have kicked a PPC out before now. They don't like complaints like this about their agents, and a threat of suing over an Equality Act breach would be taken seriously I suspect.

:)
  • Bubby77
    Options
    Hi there, help, got a ticket splatter on my windscreen last night after visiting the cinema, we I have a bad back so my husband parks away from other cars so I can fully open the door to get out of the car, so he allows one parking space and a bit so as not to hit other peoples car doors when I get out ,but there is no signage that we have ever noticed and this ticket parking notice from uk cps ltd states that we have parked over the bay and taken up two spaces, yes we did up more than space for a good reason but the carpark was fairly quiet and empty and we'd parked far away in the corner and we have been penalised for this, what should I do, everyone on this forum suggest to ignore the notice and ride it through, is this a legitimate company or scammers? Help please, stressed out,
    We have been going there for years parked in the same spot and never had a problem
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 15 August 2012 at 10:44PM
    Options
    Bubby77 wrote: »
    Hi there, help, got a ticket splatter on my windscreen last night after visiting the cinema, we I have a bad back so my husband parks away from other cars so I can fully open the door to get out of the car, so he allows one parking space and a bit so as not to hit other peoples car doors when I get out ,but there is no signage that we have ever noticed and this ticket parking notice from uk cps ltd states that we have parked over the bay and taken up two spaces, yes we did up more than space for a good reason but the carpark was fairly quiet and empty and we'd parked far away in the corner and we have been penalised for this, what should I do, everyone on this forum suggest to ignore the notice and ride it through, is this a legitimate company or scammers? Help please, stressed out,
    We have been going there for years parked in the same spot and never had a problem

Easy answer = scammers!! SCAM!! :eek:

NO PRIVATE FIRM CAN FINE YOU. ONLY THE POLICE OR COUNCIL CAN DO THAT. Just ignore it like everyone else on here does when they get one.

Do not for one minute believe there is an appeals process just because the fake PCN pretends there is. That's just to make sure you mistake it for the parking ticket that it is impersonating, and so that they can gather information.

They will get the registered keepers details from the DVLA for £2.50 anyway. As long as that's you (not a hire/company car or anything) then these mail scams are easy to ignore. I have ignored two fake PCNs myself, simple when you understand it's a scam and that, like deleting phishing emails, it's not something that's going to affect your credit rating or end in Court or a CCJ or anyone kidnapping your cat, clamping your car or any other dire consequences! :)

NOTHING HAPPENS EXCEPT LETTERS AND YOU CAN SEE WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR INFO THREADS.

You need to read the forum threads, not just this random one you have landed on!

Read the second to top thread, watch the Watchdog video, check out the letter-chain to ignore:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Read a few other threads on the forum as well, this is one of thousands...oh, and don't reply to any pm you get from a poster offering to 'help' because UKCPS staff haunt these forums like a bad smell. They will use any method to try to get some daft victims to pay.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure