IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Might also be a pathetic attempt to avoid accusations that they are in fact in breach of the Equality Act 2010.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mysterio wrote: »
    Hmm just read on their website

"
    Disabled badge holders

If a driver has not displayed their disabled badge when parked in a disabled bay and has received a ticket we will cancel it on the production of a copy of their disabled badge. We are committed in our approach and to rigorously comply with the Government Disability Discriminations Act. "

yet further in says they will ticket anyone using a bay blue badge or not...

That's UKPC's website not UKCPS!

http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/legal/

http://ukcps.net/appeal.php
  • mysterio_2
    mysterio_2 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    oops my bad!
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
    :p
  • cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    My story is very similar to the one above, apart from I was parked on a retail park car park run by 'Parking Eye'. part of BPA. I was in a disabled bay displaying a blue badge. On return a charge notice had been put on my screen, (within 10 minutes of me parking up). The charge state it was cause my badge had expired, which I hadnt realised. I was all ready to appeal it, until I read this forum. Firstly, I thought there was a 'waiting period', where the parked car had to be observed for 10 minutes before issuing a ticket. Secondly, how do I stand, with an expired blue badge?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The blue badge scheme does not apply to private car parks.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 July 2012 at 10:49PM
    Options
    cat410 wrote: »
    Secondly, how do I stand, with an expired blue badge?

Stand however you like, the BB simply does not apply here. Simply ignore the scammers. :)

Look at the forum sticky to see the entire Parking Eye scam letter chain and be prepared to tick them off one by one. Also check the (literally) hundreds of individual Parking Eye threads in here for all you need to know about them!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blue badge is irrelevant to Parking Eye just ignore them.

However renewing the blue badge is a bit more difficult now then it used to be. It can take a few weeks now!
  • cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    pogofish, I cant see the thread on Parking Eye. I am going to email them and ask them for proof of the driver (which they cant provide), and tell them once they have given me this, I will forward the notice onto them.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    cat410 wrote: »
    pogofish, I cant see the thread on Parking Eye. I am going to email them and ask them for proof of the driver (which they cant provide), and tell them once they have given me this, I will forward the notice onto them.

Why bother ? Use the time you would otherwise take to write the email to do something more constructive like washing the dog.

Just ignore them and they will go away.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    The link pogofish referred to is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Scroll down for the Parking Eye chain.

Don't write to them, its a waste of time and just singles you out for additional attention. You also run the risk of inadvertantly giving them information that they might try and use against you.

Think about it. Right now, they don't know who you are, you could be a barrister, MP, Chief Constable, etc... they have no idea. They don't even know if you exist. Leave it that way.
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport