Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

Options

Comments

• SchminkyCat
    Options
    Ooh, just picked up a cracker of a 3*, up to 1000 words on baking a cake. Also requires photos, but as it's my daughters birthday on Sat, guess what this evening was going to be spent doing? So basically getting paid to document something I was going to be doing anyway - fabby!
  • Angel1978_2
    Options
    I have been writing Text broker articles for a couple of months now. Such a shame that there aren't more articles to write. The potential is certainly there. Just needs to get busier!
  • Catriona_P
    Catriona_P Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh, just picked up a cracker of a 3*, up to 1000 words on baking a cake. Also requires photos, but as it's my daughters birthday on Sat, guess what this evening was going to be spent doing? So basically getting paid to document something I was going to be doing anyway - fabby!

Ooh very nice! Any excuse to make cake :D Happy birthday for saturday to your daughter too!

Just submitted my 5th article so will be drumming my fingers now until they get reviewed. Based on the one feedback I got off a client (2 good ratings, 2 excellent), I'm kinda hoping I get bumped up to a 4*, but as long as I don't go down to a 2* I'm happy. :)
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Catriona - just finished my fifth article today. Pleased with client feedback but I want another star because there are so many more jobs for four stars. It's not much per article but if you did one a night you could make a nice sum each month. I'm really grateful to the OP for sharing :)
  • alfiemama
    alfiemama Posts: 287 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Ladies, I've found another site, not as good as textbroker. However, it might fill the gap between the wait.

www.iwriter.com
  • Natu
    Natu Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I've been using Textbroker since it launched in the UK (April, I think?) and it's served me well. I've done over 100 articles, aiming for one a day, and if you're waiting for articles to be rated by TB, make sure you email them and give them a friendly nudge. I think it took over 2 months for my first batch to be rated (after the first five) and the rest have only just been recently rated too. If you email them asking, they're are pretty prompt. Otherwise you'll be waiting a long time!

I've got to ask - for people getting direct orders, how are you managing to get them? I've had a few in the past, but they are few and far between. I've lowered my price to the minimum (1.50), and I'd go lower if I could. Just a friendly email to clients who are happy with your work?

Has anyone joined the teams for TeamOrders? Are they worth it?
  • SchminkyCat
    Options
    Loads of 2* articles available - if you want to write about farming equipment! lol
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    I know some stuff about farming equipment but my account is frozen, dagnamit!
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what sort of things have people written about for their 5 articles. I'm currently 3* and would love to get up to 4*, now I am back in the land of organised living after my move I want to crack on and write my articles. Any info would be appreciated, how long, what subject etc. Thanks
  • alfiemama
    alfiemama Posts: 287 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Annie, how was the move? Are you all settled in then?
    My articles so far are
    1: Skip hire permits in London
    2: How to build an aviary
    3:budget holidays
    4:boutique vs luxury hotels
    5:vintage jewellery and the eras.

All about 450 words and 4*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing