Do your own wedding flowers

Options

Comments

• missknixon
    missknixon Posts: 660 Forumite
    Options
    I am hoping to do my own flowers! Getting married in 16 weeks! Only booked it yesterday so it is a little bit of a rush!

Have read through this post eagerly and have digested the information - I have learned so much so thank you - will definitely be doing them myself!
  • justinsophie10
    Options
    I usually buy unique wedding gifts from finefoodstore
  • tamarto
    tamarto Posts: 832 Forumite
    Options
    I usually buy unique wedding gifts from finefoodstore

That'll help with making your own flowers a lot then. :wall: :spam:
  • ChickP_2
    Options
    For what it's worth, I used a company called Triangle Nursery for my wedding flowers. They were really helpful and have a great online catalogue that shows all the wholesale prices. I am now going to do my Sister's wedding flowers & will be using them again.
  • hullfaithful
    Options
    missknixon wrote: »
    I am hoping to do my own flowers! Getting married in 16 weeks! Only booked it yesterday so it is a little bit of a rush!

Have read through this post eagerly and have digested the information - I have learned so much so thank you - will definitely be doing them myself!

Hi Missknixon, I'm doing my own wedding flowers at the end of October as well - I've done loads of research on line and with library books - I'm waiting until mid sept to do a trial run though.
    Good luck!
    :j
  • catnap53
    catnap53 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also recommend Triangle as of last week. Very helpful on the phone, advice on quantities, happy to recalculate after a 'what if I change?'

Delivery as promised and lovely roses.

Catnap
  • missknixon
    Options
    I finally decided to go for wooden roses for my bouquet! Someone recommended them for my cake topper and so I went for it! That looked great so I made my button holes and then my bouquet! Have a look at the bouquet and let me know what you think! There are 2 pictures!
    %2Fresources%2F20858%2Fassets%2FWedding%2FBouquet%5F1%2Ejpg?noCache=%7Bts%20%272010-09-27%2013:53:51%27%7D
    %2Fresources%2F20858%2Fassets%2FWedding%2FBouquet%5F4%2Ejpg?noCache=%7Bts%20%272010-09-27%2013:47:27%27%7D
  • maggie111
    maggie111 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    They look fab!!! the grass is a wee bit long for my taste but then everybody's different!!!
    I love surprises!
  • missknixon
    Options
    I have reined the grass bits in a bit! When I put them in they weren't that long - they seemed to grow!
  • SavvyStudent_2
    Options
    Well I am confident with my flowers. I bought them from Dunelm yesterday and they are already arranged in a bouquet for the bargain price of £4.99. They are ivory roses and everyone has said how real they look! I have added a crystal pin to the middle of each rose which were 15p each and tied some burgundy satin ribbon round the stems secured with two diamante pins. They are stunning. I will upload a pic soon to my wedding thread for whoever is interested to see.

Calico, if you read the site rules there is to be no self promotion, therefore it is spam, whether or not you are helping someone. If someone else reccommended your course then it would be ok. Everyone else has to stick to the rules. Post reported!

Tiger x

I did exactly this too!! They look amazing (wish I had pics to show you!) Ended up splitting 6 of the dunelm bouquets and making into 5 - one big one for me and 4 smaller bridemaids ones, added some extra dark foliage, diamonte pins (a few pounds for a whole box from hobbycraft), cream ribbon held in place with a diamonte pin too. They look sooo good and the total spend was about £40. Got some of their bunches of tea roses too (the dark foliage came from these) and turned into buttonholes with a few little diamontes. And cake toppers. Bargain!

Best of all, cheap and chips and now the flowers are all sat in my mums house ready to go come Jan, and as the venue are providing cream roses for the tables, no florists to rely on :D x

P.s. I can't seem to get a link to work but go to dunelm mill website and type in 'artificial rose bouquet' then bring up the white x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure