IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Vcs Doncaster airport parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• RENEGADE_2
    Options
    Is this from the original post???
    They must be off their rockers... not even a semi-!!!!!! judge would award them this figure.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Strange things seem to be happening with VCS and Doncaster airport. A poster over on CAG is reporting they were ticketed by a VCS camera van for stopping on the approach road. The "crime" - stopping for a couple of minutes to post a letter at a pillar box where there are some pretend double yellow lines.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • tartar
    Options
    hey, i have received a letter too now for "stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited" it has a photo of my car but its so dark that you cant see if the car is stopped or moving.
    I am going to take peoples advice and ignore this but I do want to just be sure though that no-one has actually been taken to court over this?
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    Yep it's all escalated from an £80 "fine" I'm so glad I visited here first as I would have paid straight away!
    Even if it went to court, (which I've been assured it won't) I have every confidence they won't win reading about these cowboys
  • RENEGADE_2
    Options
    Hi Tartar.
    You must get to grips with one thing!
    We here don't tell people to ignore because "you'll get away with it!", we tell them to ignore because it is THE 100% correct course of action. So what does it matter if they try court? If they go to court, you will win hands down. The court will then order your antagonist to pay you damages. So in a way, you're better off hoping for court.

But they will not even fill out court papers because they know this. Your action cost them NOTHING. So losses to landowner is ZERO. No losses? No penny owed to them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2012 at 6:04PM
    Options
    tartar wrote: »
    hey, i have received a letter too now for "stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited" it has a photo of my car but its so dark that you cant see if the car is stopped or moving.
    I am going to take peoples advice and ignore this but I do want to just be sure though that no-one has actually been taken to court over this?

Well on very odd occasions these companies do try court, last count verified by a FOI request it was just 49 (forty nine) out of 1.8 million fake PCN invoices issued by the whole industry in 2011. And of those forty-nine, less than half were won by the PPC and that includes the cases where the motorist didn't turn up so it was just a pathetic default judgment.

That 49 was mainly other PPCs, not VCS of course - and they are the LEAST LIKELY parking firm to try Court now! :D

It's very rare but Mr & Mrs Ibbotson were taken to Court this year by useless VCS:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/excel-parking-plan-to-outsource-legal-work-looks-dead-in-water-1-4578457

Here's the judgment which is very funny to read!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231

Only councils, the police, train operators and Transport for London can impose legally enforceable fines or penalties. A private company or individual can't so they call their fake versions “Parking Charge Notices”, not “Penalty Charge Notices”.

You will get a series of letters from the he PPC, then a debt collector and then maybe headed notepaper rubbish pretending to be from a solicitor (but it's still the debt collector firm!). These letters will threaten you with every kind of financial and legal unpleasantness to intimidate you into paying.

But, they can't actually do anything, for the same reason that a blackmailer can't sue anyone who didn’t pay them. Debt collectors just write letters, that's all, they are not bailiffs and cannot come knocking. It is just a case of ignoring some junk mail.

Continue to ignore everything you get from the PPC and their aliases. Play a nice game of snap with each letter that matches the pics shown in our 5th from top thread 'PPC letter chains'. If the letter is not shown on the new 'post-October letters' link on that thread then look on the link to the pre-Oct letters instead because the PPCs will just use the same old threats as ever.

It does seem odd to deal with something like this by ignoring it. Eventually, they will run out of empty threats and stop throwing good money after bad.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    It was the hardest thing in the world ignoring the first! I guess it's the natural instinct wanting to pay and "sort it" now I can't wait for the next one to see my added fees. It really does make me laugh now. Especially the last one where I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes in my name and the "charge number" not even matching to the previous

Laughable
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Well done.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • micka72
    Options
    just received a pcn from this company.pulled into a deserted bus stop just before airport entrance to retrieve my glasses which had fallen on the car floor.having read other peoples experiences i shall ignore it.will keep tou updated on how things progress.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Where their master plan falls down is that they are issuing "parking charge notices" . Note the word "parking". Of course in your case and the one where somebody stopped for less than a minute to post a letter, the vehicle technically wasn't parked, it just stopped.

This is very much like the situation at Luton Airport where motorists have received tickets while stuck in a traffic jam or are stopped at a red light and have committed the heinous "crime" of letting a passenger out of the car to walk the rest of the way to the airport.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport